Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

Please resign and get some one in who knows how to play the right players in the right positions,  all well and good winning most games but how many decent teams have we beaten? 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You could tell they were stunned for 5 minutes after the goal but we were cowards as usual 

They were ruffled, we had them on the wrack for the first time in the game....and then we stopped pressing them at exactly the wrong moment. That was inexplicable. We just let their centre halves have it. I can only think Southgate went high-risk and gambled on us hitting them on the break. ****ing unbelievable risk to take when you're playing the best passing side on the planet.

• Like 1

Foden fvck all yet again. Palmer done more than him in two substation appearances.

Morata did all game what Kane should have done.

I still do not rate Guehi although I thought Stones was good. Pickford good too.

And I’m always told how Trent is so bad defensively, yet both goals came down the right with Walker nowhere. Williams loads of space.

Southgate has to go.

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

lol  so avoid the handball then 

No - it wasn’t handball as per the latest IFAB protocols 

they had pretty much exactly this incident in the pre tournament ref discussions  and it was advised not to be a penalty 

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

They were ruffled, we had them on the wrack for the first time in the game....and then we stopped pressing them at exactly the wrong moment. That was inexplicable. We just let their centre halves have it. I can only think Southgate went high-risk and gambled on us hitting them on the break. ****ing unbelievable risk to take when you're playing the best passing side on the planet.

I genuinely believe he was just gonna try and scam it to penalties 

And it is not about this 1 game, we missed the opportunity to build momentum, fluidity, cohesion, confidence, partnerships, systems and more in the earlier games.

We wasted friendlies and qualifiers not bedding in obvious talents earlier whilst calling up Jordan Henderson and Harry Maguire.

The country cried out for a more mobile CF to start and it was ignored. 

Forget coping or not coping with Spains attacking threat why did Rices distribution go completely AWOL? 

• Like 1

Unfortunately we probably didn't even deserve to be in the final if it wasn't for the fortunate side of the draw we had. Our lack of ambition has really held us back. Kane as captain and first choice striker is just shocking now. Watkins or Toney should have started this game but Southgate didn't have the balls to drop golden boy. Saka had another poor game I thought, as did Foden. Obviously Bellingham has also been a massive disappointment after all the initial hype but I feel, Saka, Foden and Bellingham would have been better with a more ambitious manager. 

The sad thing is they'll ride on the 'but we got to the final' bandwagon and offer him an extention to his contract. A real shame. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Hopefully Kane wins something at Bayern and realises that actually winning something is quite nice and maybe I should try harder for England. Useless horse faced twat. 

He never will. Too self important 

• Like 1

Just now, KFS said:

Why did he all of a sudden go long ball more than the whole comp? Mark ****ing wright at Dorking Wanderes doesn’t even do that 

They didn’t know how to beat the box press, as no one came short to pass and move. 

To beat that team, we needed a Grealish, Maddison, Bellingham, Foden setup. 

Rice isn’t good enough on the ball to play that system. 

Kane doesn’t generate space by pushing the defence back, so they squeeze the space around the 10s. Kanes lack of movement, also allows them to double up on Saka. 

The lack of movement from our midfield as well allowed Williams all sorts of room. 

Rice and Mainoo had a torrid game and that’s where we need to look at improving this team. In a bizarre way, you potentially need someone with Winks ability on the ball but with the comparative nature of Ndidi 17 / 18. I can’t think of one English player that suits that role, for what should be the heartbeat of the team. Without that, we’ll resort to going long. 

• Like 1

Southgate is a clown. Only so much luck you can getaway with. Clueless tonight. Been poor all tournament.

Watched it in Holland and the Irish and jocks were delighted and celebrated like they had won it.