Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

Just now, Sly said:

They didn’t know how to beat the box press, as no one came short to pass and move. 

To beat that team, we needed a Grealish, Maddison, Bellingham, Foden setup. 

Rice isn’t good enough on the ball to play that system. 

Kane doesn’t generate space by pushing the defence back, so they squeeze the space around the 10s. Kanes lack of movement, also allows them to double up on Saka. 

The lack of movement from our midfield as well allowed Williams all sorts of room. 

Rice and Mainoo had a torrid game and that’s where we need to look at improving this team. In a bizarre way, you potentially need someone with Winks ability on the ball but with the comparative nature of Ndidi 17 / 18. I can’t think of one English player that suits that role, for what should be the heartbeat of the team. Without that, we’ll resort to going long. 

Good assessment 

We were lucky to get there, but other teams have been in the past. However we were on top after we scored and then decided to sit deep again.

Southgate is a great guy and you can’t really knock the job he’s done, but at key times he’s just come up short. 

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Unfortunately we probably didn't even deserve to be in the final if it wasn't for the fortunate side of the draw we had. Our lack of ambition has really held us back. Kane as captain and first choice striker is just shocking now. Watkins or Toney should have started this game but Southgate didn't have the balls to drop golden boy. Saka had another poor game I thought, as did Foden. Obviously Bellingham has also been a massive disappointment after all the initial hype but I feel, Saka, Foden and Bellingham would have been better with a more ambitious manager. 

The sad thing is they'll ride on the 'but we got to the final' bandwagon and offer him an extention to his contract. A real shame. 

My Facebook feed is full of "great achievement getting to the final, boys did us proud" 

Nothing will ever change 

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

My Facebook feed is full of "great achievement getting to the final, boys did us proud" 

Nothing will ever change 

Simps who haven’t got a clue. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Really no way, you sure lol how about the German handball ? 

All teams get some luck. On balance it’s very hard to say they have not been, on average, the best team in the tournament. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

I suspect Southgate will stay on until 2026 as I don’t think there’s any obvious candidate to take over. 

We should move heaven and earth to get Klopp. 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I suspect Southgate will stay on until 2026 as I don’t think there’s any obvious candidate to take over. 

There doesnt need to be an obvious candidate he needs to leave. Hes ran out of ideas. That performance with those players was absolutely criminal. 

La Liga vs Premier League in finals.

It's clear who the real boss is now, the real nemesis is this game, Spain. We need to use this moment to focus on what is needed for success, stop being pleasant to these bastards - Real Madrid & Barcelona, they've got it all figured out, in those precious moments, in managing the game.

We can't be forever losers. This is now a matter of national importance. We have the talent, we have the best League in the World. Now it's time to focus on what the real game is all about, conquer it, beat it. We deserve these moments, don't let them cheat you from believing.

For a better tomorrow.

Well played Spain, for the whole tournament.

It would have been a travesty if England had won. We played about 30 mins of good football in the whole tournament.

Get rid of Southgate, get the handbrake off and get this group of exciting young talents playing attacking football.

• Like 1