Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

2 finals and 2 semi finals now lost due to Gareth Southgate incompetence. Yet they still defend him. They still make out its everyone else's fault. 

To be fair, before him we didn’t have a sniff of a final or semi for a long time. We’ve never had two finals in a row. He’s not perfect by a long shot, but he’s done better than almost anyone else in his role.  It’s time now for him to walk away, but I’ll be fascinated to see if we can get anyone who can go a step further, or was the last few years as good as it gets following England.

Pickford possibly kept us in it for as long possible. Spain taken them chances it would be 3-1 or 4-1. We were miles behind come the final whistle. 2028 probably our next hope for silverware with it being on our turf. But it would felt so good to have won it abroad.

With the exception of Kane. I don't want to be too critical of any of the players. Spain were the better side. Simon barely had anything to do.

However, not bringing on a central midfielder when they were just charging through in the last few minutes was criminal. I actually cannot believe he didn't do something about that.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

With the exception of Kane. I don't want to be too critical of any of the players. Spain were the better side. However, not bringing on a central midfielder when they were just charging through in the last few minutes was criminal. I actually cannot believe he didn't do something about that.

Foden and Walker awful. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So many Spain cheat and it continues 

You are having a laugh surely!!!

England had the worst decision of the whole tournament given to THEM!!🤣🤣

Just now, Aus Fox said:

To be fair, before him we didn’t have a sniff of a final or semi for a long time. We’ve never had two finals in a row. He’s not perfect by a long shot, but he’s done better than almost anyone else in his role.  It’s time now for him to walk away, but I’ll be fascinated to see if we can get anyone who can go a step further, or was the last few years as good as it gets following England.

The questions will remain, is that the talent pulling us through? Everyone needs a bit of luck, however we’ve had plenty of it.  

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Pickford possibly kept us in it for as long possible. Spain taken them chances it would be 3-1 or 4-1. We were miles behind come the final whistle. 2028 probably our next hope for silverware with it being on our turf. But it would felt so good to have won it abroad.

Pickford also gave the ball away so many times with aimless long hoofs 

• Like 1

Just now, Raj said:

You are having a laugh surely!!!

England had the worst decision of the whole tournament given to THEM!!🤣🤣

Well they didn’t lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

We should move heaven and earth to get Klopp. 

USA attempted to didn't they? I'm not sure he'd take it but if there's even a slight chance he would we need to do everything in our powers to get him. Doesn't fit the FA mould though unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

With the exception of Kane. I don't want to be too critical of any of the players. Spain were the better side. However, not bringing on a central midfielder when they were just charging through in the last few minutes was criminal. I actually cannot believe he didn't do something about that.

He did what Enzo was doing with us - making single changes with his first two subs, thus making the third and final change trickier - because you can make 3 subs but only all at once.

That managers can actively put themselves in a difficult position is something I find bizarre.

• Like 1

It is amusing that the same things are said after every failure, we need a new manager that will sort it out, it happens everytime and everytime we fail.  

we'll all be saying the same thing in 2 years time when we fail again....and then again......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

We can't be forever losers. 

We’ve been forever losers for nearly 60 years now, it’s the England way.

We’ve had much better managers than Southgate since 66 and always come up short.

Fear of failure, unrealistic expectations, too much club football, the excuses are endless. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Well they didn’t lol 

Try not to make this defeat about cheating/bad decisions etc.

Just accept again the best team by a mile  won fair and square 👍🏾

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow really.....then why was he picked for the England job

Because he managed the U21s and Alladyce decided to have a pint of wine and screw himself. 

The current U21s manager has won more with them than Southgate did. He deserves a crack at it. 

Southgate doesn't want to or know how to play football. Any attacking manager would have at least took us down swinging. If we had gone out and had 5 shots on target but lost 2-0, it's better than sitting and going "right..drawing again, let's go back to that thing that wasn't working before."  

He wears arm bands to drink cuppa soup this guy and if asked would say his favourite colour is beige. Utterly useless.

• Like 3

Just now, Izzy said:

We’ve been forever losers for nearly 60 years now, it’s the England way.

We’ve had much better managers than Southgate since 66 and always come up short.

Fear of failure, unrealistic expectations, too much club football, the excuses are endless. 

Nail on head unfortunately.

Something needs to change fundamentally.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

2 finals and 2 semi finals now lost due to Gareth Southgate incompetence. Yet they still defend him. They still make out its everyone else's fault. 

When was the second semi final?