Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

I was still 9 when England won in 1966. If you had said to me that Leicester would win the League Cup twice, the top division and FA Cup before England won anything again I don't think I would have believed you. We have all become so cynical about the England football team as a way of dealing with failure. Southgate does deserve praise that England have reached a more consistent level. To win the final would refresh the narrative and remove the stale cynical mould hanging since at least 1970 when we lost a two goal lead to the Germans

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

the amount of Liverpool fans supporting Spain is pretty pathetic

just shows the state of them tbf

Like to think it's a small loud minority trying to be edgy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

the amount of Liverpool fans supporting Spain is pretty pathetic

just shows the state of them tbf

I generally like Scousers but they have a need to make everything about them. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lionator said:

Would this be better for you than us winning the league in 2016 if we do it? 

Nope.

I don't think there's a definitive answer in the club vs country debate. I know some people who go a lot to England games and for them it'll probably be their 02/05/16. But for those of us that have followed LCFC home and away over the years, nothing will ever come close to that.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Absolutely not, but this would be magical and I'll most likely bawl my eyes out. I don't understand the anti England brigade. 

• Like 1

Still not Southgate’s biggest fan, he’s had some easy routes to get us to the positions we have and I think that he’s been getting credit for some results that have been achieved in spite of him and not because of him but I’m letting it all go. 

I’m 55 I’ve seen my club win every major domestic trophy and I would love to see England win something. 

I think we have a very good chance if we get our tactics right and don’t play into Spain’s hands. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Absolutely not, but this would be magical and I'll most likely bawl my eyes out. I don't understand the anti England brigade. 

England winning would still rank below Leicester winning any major honour (Premier, FA or even League Cup) but would still be a brilliant experience 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I generally like Scousers but they have a need to make everything about them. 

Same. It's a shame because whenever I go to Liverpool scousers are generally sound and welcoming. 

I try to separate Liverpool fans from Everton fans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

A £1.4 billion squad winning the tournament they were slight favorites to win, vs the foxes winning the premier league at odds 1/5000.

No chance!

Edited by BillyFOX12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

A £1.4 billion squad winning the tournament they were slight favorites to win, vs the foxes winning the premier league at odds 1/5000.

No chance!

We were huge favourites? :P

I've been the first to moan about England for years, @Ashley follows them everywhere and at times I couldn't fathom travelling all over the world to watch guaranteed disappointment, but seeing England win a major tournament is something else I didn't think I'd see but we're on the cusp again.

The country needs this, and it'll be ****ing amazing if we do it. Buzzing for Sunday. 

• Like 3

“Spain/Spanish clubs have been in 26 finals in the World Cup, Euros, Champions League or Europa League in last 23 years & have won every single time. Only times a Spanish club side have lost a final has been when they played against another Spanish side.”

Absolutely mental stat. 

• Like 1