Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

“Spain/Spanish clubs have been in 26 finals in the World Cup, Euros, Champions League or Europa League in last 23 years & have won every single time. Only times a Spanish club side have lost a final has been when they played against another Spanish side.”

Absolutely mental stat. 

that’s a shame no Spanish side has qualified to play against them, then!

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

“Spain/Spanish clubs have been in 26 finals in the World Cup, Euros, Champions League or Europa League in last 23 years & have won every single time. Only times a Spanish club side have lost a final has been when they played against another Spanish side.”

Absolutely mental stat. 

Insane. 

Alaves and Valencia losing to Liverpool and Bayern respectively in 2001 being the last then :o

15 hours ago, Lionator said:

Would this be better for you than us winning the league in 2016 if we do it? 

No. But it would be better than us losing the FA Cup Final to Man City in 1969.

In my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Charming…

Weird given the Spanish probably think the exact same of the Scots as they do the English.

Edited by Trumpet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Weird given the Spanish probably think the exact same of the Scots as they do the English.

No true Scotsman eats fried breakfast and gets drunk in Spain

13 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Independence supporting paper in Scotland:

20240712_215849.thumb.jpg.5d11d5729a95c9bdfa1fdd7e16178bc3.jpg

Just a little bit rattled  lol

‘Every summer they fill up your beaches. They drink all your beer. They make a mess of your plazas. They eat fried breakfast all day instead of your wonderful food’

When did Scotland start thinking that doesnt apply to them? Thats a British stereotype that includes them as well. 😂Whenever ive been abroad its the Scottish and the Irish that are the biggest alcoholics by some distance 

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ticket just dropped in the app for the final. Back to back European Championship finalist. Please come home. 

Hopefully I can get the flag up again..

Screenshot_20240713_115513_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b253bc4d7bf25af70e6e2a2a7a2fef77.jpg

What did the ticket set you back?

I've been wanting to get on board with England aways for ages but just one thing after another money wise has kept it on hold.

Nothing beats it. (apart from City in Europe)

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

‘Every summer they fill up your beaches. They drink all your beer. They make a mess of your plazas. They eat fried breakfast all day instead of your wonderful food’

When did Scotland start thinking that doesnt apply to them? Thats a British stereotype that includes them as well. 😂Whenever ive been abroad its the Scottish and the Irish that are the biggest alcoholics by some distance 

A lot of nationalism, and human nature in general, is about projecting your own insecurities onto others. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

A lot of nationalism, and human nature in general, is about projecting your own insecurities onto others. 

Yep, the first rule of being a malicious powermonger is spreading the assumption that everyone else is too.

36 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

What did the ticket set you back?

I've been wanting to get on board with England aways for ages but just one thing after another money wise has kept it on hold.

Nothing beats it. (apart from City in Europe)

€95.00 Fans First. 

Drop me a message chap if you're interested in joining ESTC. Always welcome with our lot.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lionator said:

Would this be better for you than us winning the league in 2016 if we do it? 

on a scale of one to ten it would be -6 

My football is Lcfc first and always - through thick and thin 

England is firmly second but after being let down by them so often I can’t really become over excited for tomorrow 

I stress about Leicester and it absolutely affects my mood - I won’t allow england to do that to me !

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

on a scale of one to ten it would be -6 

My football is Lcfc first and always - through thick and thin 

England is firmly second but after being let down by them so often I can’t really become over excited for tomorrow 

I stress about Leicester and it absolutely affects my mood - I won’t allow england to do that to me !

Leicester win or lose the emotion stays with me longer than England. Having said that I will be happy if England do it and will revel in seeing the country celebrate. When I think about my first interest in football in 1963 Leicester was it from the start. Was probably not even aware of the national side till 66 and this was boosted by having Gordon Banks in the team