Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

Omg I completely forgot about this old classic! You hear so much of world in motion and it’s coming home on replay.

ill have to expose my 12 year old to this lol.

he loves a giggle at meat pie and sausage role too!

52 minutes ago, Izzy said:

This time, we'll get it right

I'd always be playing my sisters records (as I didnt have any) and amongst the culture club, paul mccartney, the specials records was this one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I think I would trade our FA Cup final win to see England win the euros or the World Cup. Not going to be a popular opinion but I think I would do it 

There's a difference for me.

I wouldn't trade our FA Cup win for England winning the Euro's, but I might for us winning the WC.

No doubt a big game tomorrow and I fancy us to do it, but it's the Euro's and doesn't quite have the same importance as the WC - for me.

28 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I wouldn't trade our FA Cup win for England winning the Euro's, but I might for us winning the WC.

No doubt a big game tomorrow and I fancy us to do it, but it's the Euro's and doesn't quite have the same importance as the WC - for me.

Tbf in WC there are just a couple more actual big competitors for the trophy, Argentina and Brazil with the odd surprise by hosting nations like Japan. Historically I would say I've enjoyed more the Euro tournament with some exceptions like Mexico 1986.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Tbf in WC there are just a couple more actual big competitors for the trophy, Argentina and Brazil with the odd surprise by hosting nations like Japan. Historically I would say I've enjoyed more the Euro tournament with some exceptions like Mexico 1986.

Argentina, Brazil, Morocco, USA, Mexico, Columbia, Uruguay, Senegal and Japan all in the FIFA top 20 - so nearly half from outside Europe.

If we win tomorrow it'll be big news in Europe but if if was the WC, the whole world would know about it.

And I can far easier recount WC's over the years than the Euro's. Might just be me though....

Scottish bloke at work is one of few that hopes England win it. Said as funny it would be see England lose, but its still the only chance to see a football tournament trophy on British soil.

Edited by Leicesterpool

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

€95.00 Fans First. 

Drop me a message chap if you're interested in joining ESTC. Always welcome with our lot.

That's actually a decent price considering. 

We were looking at joining up in the build up to 2026 but might be difficult priority wise after the hype of this tournament, and especially if we bring it home!

Looking at Greece in November if we somehow got tickets.

In two minds over this. Obviously we all want England to do well (talking about English folk) but it does feel like it's been handed to us on a plate, given the easy draw and things like the penalty against Holland. So if England pull out an entertaining performance tomorrow and win (and given the players in the squad they should be able to) then great, I'll be over the moon like others.  But if we somehow shithouse a win against an obviously superior side, then it may put me off the game altogether. If I want to watch grass grow I can go to the local park.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

In two minds over this. Obviously we all want England to do well (talking about English folk) but it does feel like it's been handed to us on a plate, given the easy draw and things like the penalty against Holland. So if England pull out an entertaining performance tomorrow and win (and given the players in the squad they should be able to) then great, I'll be over the moon like others.  But if we somehow shithouse a win against an obviously superior side, then it may put me off the game altogether. If I want to watch grass grow I can go to the local park.

Dare I say a very English thing to look at the negatives. 

4 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Leicester win or lose the emotion stays with me longer than England. Having said that I will be happy if England do it and will revel in seeing the country celebrate. When I think about my first interest in football in 1963 Leicester was it from the start. Was probably not even aware of the national side till 66 and this was boosted by having Gordon Banks in the team

Agree. I wish England well and hope they do it .

However, genuinely, personally I get more joy from a tight away win at selhurst or goodison than I would England even winning the WC. 

Leicester is part of me. Whereas I am only a part of England,.if that makes sense. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Harry Kane is a good sort. He’s just said he’d hand back all his winners medals to succeed with England tomorrow 

If we win it, can very much imagine that he of all players will sense a massive sense of relief in finally winning something..

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

Agree - but it's only a "might" trade FA Cup for a  Euro (I definitely wouldn't - club over country all day). The Euros are nowhere near the World Cup in importance. I'd trade one of our League cups for the Euros. I wouldn't trade our league win for anything else in all of sport - and not much in life.

Edited by trabuch
Laziness

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not a chance I'd trade personally but entirely subjective isn't it.

Fans are fully invested in England for six/ seven games every two years. Leicester will have around 85 in that time.

You will always be closer and more involved with your club. It usually isn't anything against England.

• Like 1

Spain have undoubtedly been the best team in an otherwise, pretty average tournament, but we have the better side. If Southgate can motivate the team and encourage them to hold and give
But do it at the right time, we can be slow or fast as long as we get to the line,
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack!!

There's only one way to beat them get 'round the back:
Catch us if you can Cause This is England man!
And what you're looking at is the master plan!
I know we can't go wrong!