Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

Where will you be watching the final?

13 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone know of anywhere decent with a big screen and hosting an event around Coalville/Loughborough way please let me know :thumbup:

Nowhere in Coalville, Ashby usually has some decent sized screens but gets busy very early and last euros was invaded by the Swad vermin 

2 hours ago, lanefox said:

Nowhere in Coalville, Ashby usually has some decent sized screens but gets busy very early and last euros was invaded by the Swad vermin 

Thinking of heading Loughborough. Ashby is a good shout, but like you say, probably too busy for a final.

On the sofa, on my own lol 

Partner is at work, little one will be asleep.

Was the same for the last Euro's final to be honest, I quite liked it, incredibly stressful and being in the comfort of my own home helped! 

I've enjoyed being out for two of the games so far, but this one will be a "quiet" one in front of the tv!

17 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone know of anywhere decent with a big screen and hosting an event around Coalville/Loughborough way please let me know :thumbup:

Notts county have a fan zone warehouse type thing with huge screen behind their ground.  Not too far from Loughborough.  Maybe sold out by now but worth a look

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rugbyblue said:

Notts county have a fan zone warehouse type thing with huge screen behind their ground.  Not too far from Loughborough.  Maybe sold out by now but worth a look

I had seen about that, it's just getting back after. After the last Euro final Uber were charging £100 to get from Narborough Road to Whitwick..

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I had seen about that, it's just getting back after. After the last Euro final Uber were charging £100 to get from Narborough Road to Whitwick..

Jokers!  But yes without a no drinking driver it's a tough one to get around 

Possibly in Southwold, so that’ll mean plaice and chips on the sofa, as I don’t think Adnams pubs show football. 
If not, at the real ale classroom basement in town, which has been a superb venue all tournament. 

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I was quoted 35 pounds by Uber on Wednesday from town to near Western Park and nearly 45 pounds on Saturday. I should really be less lazy.

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Thinking of heading Loughborough. Ashby is a good shout, but like you say, probably too busy for a final.

the phantom or blacksmiths are good options. blacksmiths do a cracking pint of Guineao and also good bar snacks / side dishes like bowls of chips etc

• Like 1

Home for me. I have a 60 inch TV and surround sound. I can emulate the pub experience though and invite the extended family around to stand in front of the TV and talk loudly though the whole game though if needs be. 

Only touch decision is do I watch it through the normal TV aerial or watch it on iPlayer in HDR but with around 1-2 minute delay in the game.

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

Home for me. I have a 60 inch TV and surround sound. I can emulate the pub experience though and invite the extended family around to stand in front of the TV and talk loudly though the whole game though if needs be. 

Only touch decision is do I watch it through the normal TV aerial or watch it on iPlayer in HDR but with around 1-2 minute delay in the game.

As for the delay, it will depend on whether you can hear other people's houses or outside. If you can, it's probably not worth the delay incase you hear cheers before you see what's happened.

On 11/07/2024 at 13:28, foxfanazer said:

Might just have a barbecue in the day and then have it on at home. Bit crap that it's Sunday night 

Yeah I think we're doing something like this. Wish it was tomorrow instead (unless they make Monday a bank holiday should we win :ph34r:).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I think we're doing something like this. Wish it was tomorrow instead (unless they make Monday a bank holiday should we win :ph34r:).

We were talking about this at work the other day. How would that work? "Sorry but lets cancel all our meetings and down tools for a day at 8 hours notice."  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

The Nest is sold out for Sunday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

We were talking about this at work the other day. How would that work? "Sorry but lets cancel all our meetings and down tools for a day at 8 hours notice."  

Yeah there's no chance. Certainly not with my company anyway lol

Been told we can come in an hour late if we win. That extra hour in bed will definitely take the edge off the 12 pints I'm planning to consume :beer:

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

Make sure you get them to throw cheap lager over you when we score 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HEGGSY said:

Big screen on Play Close park in Melton about 5 minute walk from me, or at home. See how the day pans out

I'm about 10 mins walk from there. Been busy as well with the games they've shown so far. There's a bar as well

We live in a small Spanish holiday resort and the town hall are putting up big screens on the main road and stopping the traffic lol

My daughter works in the town sports bar so will be one or the other, should be a great party atmosphere whichever way it ends :blush:

#prayfordebwatchingitwiththespanish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1