Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

Where will you be watching the final?

1 hour ago, The Syrup said:

I'm about 10 mins walk from there. Been busy as well with the games they've shown so far. There's a bar as well

Yeah went down for the Slovakia game and then took my 2 year old down for the Switzerland game, good set up tbf. 

looked good after the Netherlands game but I was working that night

Has there not been a big outdoor fan zone setup somewhere in Leicester with a jumbo screen? Abbey park/Victoria park etc?

seems like a missed opportunity or would that only happen if it was a World Cup final?

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Has there not been a big outdoor fan zone setup somewhere in Leicester with a jumbo screen? Abbey park/Victoria park etc?

seems like a missed opportunity or would that only happen if it was a World Cup final?

I'd imagine the short turn around time from the semi final meant it wasn't possible. But that would have been amazing. 

Still in two minds what to do tonight. 

Part of me wants to be out in a place with an atmosphere but the other part of me doesn’t want to be surrounded by all the arseholes that are already on their way to spoons before tucking into their Charlie later. There’s also the probability of getting soaked in bar and ridiculous queues for a drink. 

Watching it at home is winning for me at the minute. 

At home with the wife and kids. Mum is NI/Scottish and dad is Welsh. But I'm born and raised in England and consider myself English. It has, however, left me with very limited passion for International football.

I tend to just follow whichever Leicester player is playing for a home nation.

47 minutes ago, Bert said:

Still in two minds what to do tonight. 

Part of me wants to be out in a place with an atmosphere but the other part of me doesn’t want to be surrounded by all the arseholes that are already on their way to spoons before tucking into their Charlie later. There’s also the probability of getting soaked in bar and ridiculous queues for a drink. 

Watching it at home is winning for me at the minute. 

Why not go out for a few pre match beers to take in some of the atmosphere and then head home if you're not feeling the crowd that is out where you are

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Finals should be no later than 5pm. 

Even if we win tonight, it'll be a bit underwhelming for me as I head straight to bed lol

Never understood European games kicking off at 7.45/8.00pm kick offs (Even in Champions League games for example), it seems very UK/England centric as most of Europe are an hour ahead are they not? 

I guess it's coincidental, i'm sure they don't pander purely to UK/England time.

There may be other reasoning and I may be showing ignorance here but you'd have thought they'd go with a majority of those an hour ahead of GMT/BST. (Unless theres less than I thought ahead of us)

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Why not go out for a few pre match beers to take in some of the atmosphere and then head home if you're not feeling the crowd that is out where you are

If I’m out I’m staying out lol and I’m not to fussed about pre-game it’s more the game and after should we win. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Never understood European games kicking off at 7.45/8.00pm kick offs (Even in Champions League games for example), it seems very UK/England centric as most of Europe are an hour ahead are they not? 

I guess it's coincidental, i'm sure they don't pander purely to UK/England time.

There may be other reasoning and I may be showing ignorance here but you'd have thought they'd go with a majority of those an hour ahead of GMT/BST. (Unless theres less than I thought ahead of us)

The warmer parts of Europe wouldn't want to play much before 9pm, it's still too hot, I don't know how much of Europe that actually applies to without looking though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The warmer parts of Europe wouldn't want to play much before 9pm, it's still too hot, I don't know how much of Europe that actually applies to without looking though

Yeah, guess that's a fair point i'd not considered.