Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Ndidi stays

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Last two managers want a ball playing defensive midfield and have been trying to find different positions for him as he can’t pass the ball, and if he’s sellable asset why did one want him on a free :dunno:

He's hugely overrated at LCFC hence why he's still here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fair enough. He's past his best and there's been question marks over him for a while but it's a pragmatic decision.

Can he do a decent enough job to help us stay up? Yes, provided the transfer money left is spent on players that work. 

Totally get the indifference given his last couple of seasons in the prem. But even if he doesn't get back to his best (which let's be honest, put him right up there in world football for that role), if he's ok that will still be a good decision to keep him. Only starting the season with Winks (and Hamza if he's still a midfielder) as options from last year means that this was desperately needed for the continuity

I think I'm right in saying Forest were "linked with" "interested in" and "set to make a bid for" him last summer so Cooper obviously rates him which is always a good start.

The 3 year period is a concern for someone who's never completed a season for us but like everyone says this is better than finding a new player.

It's also one less place for Soumare in the team 😏

44 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't be the same without Wilf. Pleased that he's staying eventhouhh he's lost his mate.

We bought him a new mate, both of Okoli's parents are Nigerian

If Maresca was still our manager then I wouldn’t have wanted Ndidi to sign a new deal, I just didn’t vision him as a long term option for one of the ‘8’ roles. 

Now Cooper’s in charge though, I do hope we seem him back in his natural position, as others have said, get him alongside Winks as our ball winning midfielder which Cooper likes to have in his teams, then see if he can get back to his ball winning capabilities that we know he’s capable of. 

It also saves us a lot of bother having to fork out for a replacement. Going into this season our midfield was looking in serious need of a revamp, but all it needs now imo is an alternative to Winks, then we’re sorted if the idea is to go with two holding midfielders this season. 

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

My main thing with Wilf, is that when he was churning out some of the best defensive stats in the game, he didn’t once push for a move. 

At a time when his stock was incredibly high and things were starting to go well for us, he decided to stick with us and go through with our project. Had he left perhaps we wouldn’t have gone on to europe again. 

Most players see us as a stepping stone and I never felt like that with him, just that he was happy to be here and to be part of our success. 

Something that imo Ndidi doesn’t get the credit that he deserves from our fans for. We are quick to moan about disloyal players disrespecting the club but not to acknowledge someone who has shown us great amounts of loyalty. 

Indeed and the unwarranted stick he got for assessing his options. 

I’m happy I get to sing his song again. I love it. 

I would of let of him go. Doesn't seem to have the legs he once had and seems to miss quite a few games injured.

Be interesting to see how he does next year.