Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phoneticerror

Ndidi stays

I’m personally buzzing about this. In Championship last season we were so much better with Ndidi, I don’t think we lost a game he played in till our bad run (didn’t play Hull or Leeds at home). We could have a really good go at staying up starting on -10 in my opinion

Hermanson

Ricardo.  Faes/Souttar.   Okoli.  Kristiansen

Ndidi.  Winks

Fatawu.  Soule.  Mavididi

Vardy

subs

Alves

Golding

De Cordova Reid

Braybrook

Vesty

Nelson

Daka

McAteer

Coady

Justin

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

I’m personally buzzing about this. In Championship last season we were so much better with Ndidi, I don’t think we lost a game he played in till our bad run (didn’t play Hull or Leeds at home). We could have a really good go at staying up starting on -10 in my opinion

Hermanson

Ndidi.  Winks

Vardy

subs

Alves

Golding

De Cordova Reid

Braybrook

Vesty

Nelson

Daka

McAteer

Coady

Justin

Agree with it except Vesty should start. Assuming Okoli is, as he says, fast. Then Vestys ability on the ball will be needed. Be good to see him advance the ball a bit, Wilf can drop in.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Agree with it except Vesty should start. Assuming Okoli is, as he says, fast. Then Vestys ability on the ball will be needed. Be good to see him advance the ball a bit, Wilf can drop in.

No way should Vestergaard start in a four, in the Prem. Not even if he had Kyle Walker or Usain Bolt next to him!

He had a great season last year, and earned his new contract, no way he should start in a four tho. His ball playing ability won’t be needed as much as it was in Enzos system 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Hermanson

Ndidi.  Winks

Vardy

subs

Alves

Golding

De Cordova Reid

Braybrook

Vesty

Nelson

Daka

McAteer

Coady

Justin

I think Faes and Okoli are too ‘bombscare’ and aggressive to play together 

Have to pair them with either Coady or Souttar, I reckon

• Like 2

I did wonder if this summer was the time to shake hands but under Cooper, I can see him being more effective as I don't think he's going to play a style that stifles his game. But whether he can get anywhere close to the levels he was at in the early days under Rodgers remains to be seen. It's probably less about style and as much about fitness.

I think you can pin our decline on the pitch around the time he declined. He was a brilliant holding midfielder a few years ago.

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

No way should Vestergaard start in a four, in the Prem. Not even if he had Kyle Walker or Usain Bolt next to him!

He had a great season last year, and earned his new contract, no way he should start in a four tho. His ball playing ability won’t be needed as much as it was in Enzos system 

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think Faes and Okoli are too ‘bombscare’ and aggressive to play together 

Have to pair them with either Coady or Souttar, I reckon

Disagree with this. Like you say Faes and Okoli are too bombscare (though that may be unfair on the new lad before he's kicked a ball) and the other two you mention are not particularly any faster than Vestegaard and were both kept out by the Dane last season and rightfully so. In addition to the fact he's miles better on the ball than the others, his biggest and often cited weakness is his pace and yet everyone also keeps stating that we'll not play a high line and we'll be sitting back. Which in turn makes lack of pace far less of an issue.  The arguments used against Vesty are often followed with reasoning about the defensive line that mitigate the initial argument.  But if Cooper agrees, so be it. As you say it's not Enzos system anymore, though if Cooper has any sense he'll at least try and piece together some of the things that did work for us last season. After all, he's taken over a functioning side, albeit after having lost a few players. It's not like taking over a side in disarray in terms of the way they play.  He can tweak things, adjust and put his stamp on the side, but it doesn't need a complete overhaul.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Disagree with this. Like you say Faes and Okoli are too bombscare (though that may be unfair on the new lad before he's kicked a ball) and the other two you mention are not particularly any faster than Vestegaard and were both kept out by the Dane last season and rightfully so. In addition to the fact he's miles better on the ball than the others, his biggest and often cited weakness is his pace and yet everyone also keeps stating that we'll not play a high line and we'll be sitting back. Which in turn makes lack of pace far less of an issue.  The arguments used against Vesty are often followed with reasoning about the defensive line that mitigate the initial argument.  But if Cooper agrees, so be it. As you say it's not Enzos system anymore, though if Cooper has any sense he'll at least try and piece together some of the things that did work for us last season. After all, he's taken over a functioning side, albeit after having lost a few players. It's not like taking over a side in disarray in terms of the way they play.  He can tweak things, adjust and put his stamp on the side, but it doesn't need a complete overhaul.

I genuinely don’t think we’re going to see much, if any, continuity in terms of formation and style of play. Cooper will bring his own style which won’t resemble Enzo’s whatsoever 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Last two managers want a ball playing defensive midfield and have been trying to find different positions for him as he can’t pass the ball, and if he’s sellable asset why did one want him on a free :dunno:

Bit harsh but it's your opinion. We have no ideas what offers he had on the table, but if you aren't a fan I'm not going to change your mind. 

Edited by goose2010

42 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I genuinely don’t think we’re going to see much, if any, continuity in terms of formation and style of play. Cooper will bring his own style which won’t resemble Enzo’s whatsoever 

Let's hope you're right

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Alright if his wages have been reduced. Hopefully Cooper can get him back as close as possible to his best in the destroyer role.

*laughs in Ruddish*

• Haha 1

The big positive is he has played successfully at PL level. Is a known quantity and has a special relationship with the owners who mentored him through his business degree studies. I just hope that his course project didn't case study football club books management.

Great news this. When he’s at his best, he’s one of the best. When he’s not at his best, he’s still a tremendous athlete and a huge presence on the field.

He’s demonstrated his versatility. Not only was he playing a more advanced role last season - with some success - he’s proven himself to be an excellent deputy at CB when required.

He now has a lot of PL pedigree and is learning all the time.

He would cost a lot of money to replace.

3 hours ago, joeybside said:

Understanding the financial reasoning in this. Which makes it even the more strange the amount we are spending on Soule

I've given up trying to work out how the club works out it's finances. 

The bizarre purchase of Tom Cannon tells you everything we need to know about their approach. The club is bipolar and has these manic episodes 

4 hours ago, joeybside said:

Understanding the financial reasoning in this. Which makes it even the more strange the amount we are spending on Soule

Not really.

We have to replace Ndidi we can't afford the likes of Soule.

My only question marks on this is what position are we wanting him in? He was great in this attacking midfield position, when he played we always looked better. But if Cooper is gonna play him in the holding mid role of old, he simply has lost that ability to be in multiple places at once and make those tackles and interceptions. Stats may have said different but everyone can remember with their eyes what he looked like in that relegation season and before that. 

27 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

My only question marks on this is what position are we wanting him in? He was great in this attacking midfield position, when he played we always looked better. But if Cooper is gonna play him in the holding mid role of old, he simply has lost that ability to be in multiple places at once and make those tackles and interceptions. Stats may have said different but everyone can remember with their eyes what he looked like in that relegation season and before that. 

I think he will be better under Cooper as he won't be inclined to pass, pass, pass and can just get back to his job of shielding the defense which is what hes best at