Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Cold Hard Truth

Lineker, Ferdinand, Richards all right on BBC in that Southgate has always been far too defensive. He always changes once we’re 1 down. He has to go, Southgate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, copunk said:

Had the easiest of runs through every tournament he's managed to get to finals, semis etc, clueless 

Sven had to play Brazil and a world class Portugal side twice

Hoddle Argentina

Southgate has never had anything as tough as that early doors

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It was an awful tournament barr the first week, Spain and I think special credits to Georgia, Albania and Turkey.

But, that's where modern football is at.

Football is just a bit shit now isn't it. Most teams playing to not lose rather than having a go

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Football is just a bit shit now isn't it. Most teams playing to not lose rather than having a go

Unfortunately if you want it any other way you just get labelled as a fan of “hoof” football now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Unfortunately if you want it any other way you just get labelled as a fan of “hoof” football now.

Don't get me wrong I love passing football and I don't find the likes of Man City boring like most do but you've got to have more strings to your bow. So many managers obsess over perfecting their plan A philosophy that they don't even entertain having a plan b.

Give me 15/16 Leicester over this current trend of football any day 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 4

I’ve lived through about six ‘golden generations’ and none of them have won anything.

I dunno if it’s unrealistic expectations or if we’re just not as good as we think we are.

Serial international losers.

• Like 2

Bit Bizarre here tbf, I’ve much stated even though I’m Scottish I’d have very much liked England to win. 

Just seems to be a feeling of “meh” here out and about in Norwich right now, groans at full time but very much back to normal within 20 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

England have been underwhelming throughout. Quite remarkable how much better the subs have been than the starters. I said in the match thread that in 2021 we played some good football, beat good sides and created much more and would have been worthy winners. This one, despite reaching the final, hasn't grabbed in the same way.