Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alfox13

England post match

6 hours ago, Koke said:

Swap Southgate for the Spain coach and England would win. He's the problem. 

It sort of goes without saying but coaching a cohesive system is such a cheat code. Spain had this where they've managed to get the maximum from their parts, have been able to effectively rotate without that big a drop off in form. They were able to change everybody against Albania due to having the group sewn up by winning their opening two games - a luxury England would've had if we'd beaten Denmark. Everything Southgate's done has been to cover for the lack of cohesive system he had in place. I mean he started the tournament with Trent in midfield and after two games of garbage changed it to Gallagher! Before finally settling on Mainoo.

Spain's rotation has kept their team fresh and seen players who in many instances people would pick ours over theirs, substantially outperform ours. Players like Fabian Ruiz and Dani Olmo substantially outperforming Rice and Foden. Williams and Yamal both far better than Bellingham and Saka were.

Some of their players really did announce themselves this tournament. I didn't realise how good Yamal, Williams and Olmo especially actually were. I've loved watching Spain and I'm glad it's them rather than someone like France. They're a lovely rounded team. They play both possession and direct football effectively.

Southgate was blagging this from day one of this tournament.

• Like 1