Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Next England Manager?

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I think Howe would be quite an easy deal to do.

He was brought in by Newcastle, much like Stavely and her fella, to be the cuddly front facing team of the takeover. Really don't think they see him in charge long term.

Stavely is gone now and I imagine any protection Eddie has goes with her. 

It might well be Newcastle and England doing each other a favour... they don't have to sack him and the FA get their man without much wrangling.

Pochettino in at Newcastle. Everyone happy 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Genuinely don’t give a shite at the moment.

As long as it’s not Southgate I’d be ok with it

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Fully agreed with anyone saying in a toss up between Potter and Howe, the latter takes it all day long.

Maybe but Potter clearly wants and is waiting for it. 

Howe is employed by one of the wealthiest and most potentially upwardly mobile teams in club management. 

Granted, that's probably a fairly volatile job where he has limited future but I still reckon he'll back himself to do another season there. 

They'll beg Southgate to stay, but I think this time he will probably walk. He looked completely defeated last night. He's given it a good go and fair play to him but he's proven that he can't get over the line. 

Will laugh my arse off if they don't appoint Potter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramboacdc said:

As expected, Potter is bookies favourite. 

I still want to see them give the U21's manager a try. He has experience with some of these guys, has managed internationally and would be substantially cheaper.  The fact Southgate was the top paid manager at the Euro's at £5m a year was just insane. 

Don’t want Potter 

Imo there is a difference between saying has to be English or has to have knowledge/experience of England.

I wouldn't want someone who has never managed over here tbh. But if got someone like Klopp that's basically someone who is as good as English with his experience of working over here with our players. Id have said the same for Wenger a few years ago too. 

Will prob be someone in the same mould as Southgate though imo

Howe isn't perfect but I think he's quite comfortably the best we have to offer in England. His teams are genuinely exciting to watch as well. He plays with a lot of speed. His teams have fallen off in the long run but he's definitely overperformed relative to what he's had in terms of resource and squad - which I know sounds daft to say as a Newcastle manager, but he did very well to get them to finish that high in 2023.

• Like 1

Before I start of course I want England to be successful.

Without actually have any success in terms of winning anything, Southgate is the most successful England manager in most people's lifetime.

After Rodgers and the state of how we were playing I got alot of "you're entitled", "he got European football twice", "he won the FA Cup" from Leicester and non-Leicester fans. Whilst I obviously want decent, exciting, entertaining football and England to be successful I'm not that bothered or invested in England and so that allows me to be able to afford to have have a more flippant view than most and that now give that attitude back.

It might be dull as **** but I think that's more a football problem than necessarily a England/Southgate problem and besides would it be any different under another manager? The FA want a yes man, this is what the FA want.

I don't think any other manager would be allowed to do any other.

I think the FA would go for Potter - and he'd be exactly the same as Southgate, that's one of the reasons I really didn't want Potter here.

Edited by Matt

Southgate wont get anything better than the England job so I'm certain he will stay and be rewarded with a hefty pay rise.

I feel even if we did get an out of the box thinking, attack minded manager he would be hindered by the FA.

All signs are pointing to Southgate staying and I'm not really fussed one way or the other:whistle:

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Because it's the England job and for English managers, it's the ultimate. If he fails then he's got credit in the bank to get another PL job.

Either way it's not happening, Southgate will stay on or they'll promote from within.

Don't buy it, sorry. He's got a job where he's well paid, gets to work with the players daily, doesn't have quite the same pressure and scrutiny, he has goodwill and whether or not he's a success isn't defined by a tournament every two years when any manager can lose a one off game against inferior opposition. 

You say that his reputation would still be in tact if he fails, but Roy Hodgson was the butt of the joke until he proved everyone wrong at Palace. It feels like with England now the bar is win or trophy or you are considered a failure. It feels like a hiding to nothing. 

If he were to lose his job at Newcastle I think he'd take it, but I'd be truly astonished if he left Newcastle for it. 

Sir Alex Ferguson.

He is going to be able to achive this , owing to using below device.. (technology changed the world, it made easy our lifes and why it can not affect positively managership business ) 

By using this , he won't have a tiring job and take easiness for tactics and sub changes because his age routins.

Edited by Naat
correcting grammer