Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Next England Manager?

gareth-southgate-1530788522.jpg?crop=0.6

What an amazing time the summer of 2018 was,  makes me feel warm and fuzzy thinking back to it 

edit - posted this on the wrong thread, probably wouldn’t personally choose Southgate to replace Southgate but he does look good here so the post is staying baby! 

Edited by Samilktray
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Allardyce said he would have kept the old guard in past their years? 

I do wonder what we would have achieved under him. Sod all is my bet. 

Yeah, he was on some podcast a few years ago and said that Southgate did very well in blooding in new players and he admitted that he wouldn't have been anywhere near as bold in doing so. After the one game that Allardyce managed for England he said that "Rooney can play wherever he likes because he was brilliant" when all of us knew that we had to move on from him. 

Pots IS out of work and probably has been sounded out about it already once Southgate made his mind up. I’d be very surprised IF it wasn’t Potter. Tuchel would be an injection of hope. Potter would be uninspiring. 

The fact he took over as caretaker manager and then went on to be the most successful England manager I've seen, probably means the FA might look at it differently.

I have no idea who I would want, except I feel they should be English and have least played for England too.

Emma Hayes would have been interesting appointment if she hadn't already gone state side. Been interesting statement appointment England's most successful women's club manager to England team men's job.

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Emma Hayes would have been interesting appointment if she hadn't already gone state side. Been interesting statement appointment England's most successful women's club manager to England team men's job.

No it wouldn't.

Stuart Pearce for me

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Pretty sure he was U21 manager at one point

Yes between 2005-2014 was sacked by the FA replaced by Southgate. Also was Team GB manager for 2012. Didn't go to plan think they were knocked out early on. Not forgetting his dodgy spell at Forest, not sure he lasted the season. Don't think he's managed since been assistant Moyes at West Ham Utd.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yes between 2005-2014 was sacked by the FA replaced by Southgate. Also was Team GB manager for 2012. Didn't go to plan think they were knocked out early on.

Well GB squad isn't exactly stacked with talent and he has more tactical nouse than Southgate and a lot more passion.

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Well GB squad isn't exactly stacked with talent and he has more tactical nouse than Southgate and a lot more passion.

Team GB was a tick box, best players had gone to Euro 2012 few weeks before for England and weren't allowed to also play at Olympics due to the clubs wouldn't let them. Left with the England Under 21's and aging Welsh players. Never would have won gold. Be interesting if Team GB football returned with all home nations involved for selection who'd get in.

I'm sure on Talksport, Pearce did admit nine players that were on his original list he picked he had take off because they were either featuring at the Euro's or were Scottish. Apparently Pearce had spoke to Rooney who wanted to play, but Ferguson wouldn't allow it.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

Tony Adams could do a job. 

This is the worst shout in this thread. 

Even worse than the guy who suggested Sir Alex Ferguson does it via Skype.

Edited by Danizen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really hope it’s not Potter I can see him going 5 at the back and cancelling out our best players out on the wings.

For me we need a manager who’s capable of playing attacking football with 4 at the back. Really hope it’s Howe but seems less likely every hour.