Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Next England Manager?

I have no idea how truthful this is - and it’s both unlikely and would be extremely unfair on her because she’d get a huge black lash if she was appointed…

… but I wouldn’t be totally against it - the way she’s had the women’s team setup and playing is really impressive 

• Haha 2

Guest Col city fan

IF there is any way we could get one of the ‘big names’, that’s what I’d like to see.

Ancelloti, Pep, Klopp

To some extent the German bloke who’s name escapes me at the moment (managed Chelsea).

Winners.. no nonsense from the players. Respect, clarity of thought. Winners

I have no idea how big that IF is

Guest Col city fan
Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I have no idea how truthful this is - and it’s both unlikely and would be extremely unfair on her because she’d get a huge black lash if she was appointed…

… but I wouldn’t be totally against it - the way she’s had the women’s team setup and playing is really impressive 

Christ on a bike…

🤦‍♀️

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It’s click baiting. They might ‘consider’ her but it doesn’t mean it’ll happen. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

IF there is any way we could get one of the ‘big names’, that’s what I’d like to see.

Ancelloti, Pep, Klopp

To some extent the German bloke who’s name escapes me at the moment (managed Chelsea).

Winners.. no nonsense from the players. Respect, clarity of thought. Winners

I have no idea how big that IF is

Tuchel is the only one of those that would consider it imo. If I could handpick a manager a 'big name' to manage England it would be Ancelotti. Proven time and again to be tactically astute in big games and his biggest strength more than anything else is to get talented to like and respect him. He definitely doesn't leave Real Madrid to manage England though. 

The issue with Klopp and Guardiola other than them not being interested in it is that they're both systematic managers who have specific styles of football that take time to implement. In international management you don't have the luxury of being to work with the players daily, nor do you have the luxury of signing players to strengthen your weakest areas to make it work. 

Edited by BenTheFox

Some suggestions are suggesting the fa may not appoint the next permanent manager rtill next year... in words get interim until there prime target is available. But its a long interim period plus would anyone take the job knowing next year they will be replaced.

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Would be a first. Didn’t a relatively big club side do this recently? How did that go - I don’t recall?

Tactical thinking and winners mentality are the same as both versions of the game. I guess the speed and therefore quick thinking might be the only difference. 

On 16/07/2024 at 02:19, ozleicester said:

criteria...

- Return to Middle Ages

- Thinking if I will be able to find a job in England if I can achive correct pronounce of word ''ASSOCIATIONS'' at once.

- Kill the football match commentators of today

- Swim in the wavy stormy sea

- not talking for a long time , (more than 5 minutes and get boring)

- like trees 

- kill tree cutters

- like English police series, hate drama series 

- Like diving scuba hate kill fishes under the sea

- like to talk street cats 

- like italians , hate France. 

lol

If those can not work try these :

Hire a stranger and appoint him as a Manager who doesn't understand football that doesn't speak English at all.

Fans will vote for choosing team and squad on the internet,

Tactics will be discussed in house of Lords and fight each others , who ever win their tactics will be apllied.

Just tell  the Manager making strange moves and behaves , shout at the refereee, rival Managers rival players to make cold them from the game , distracting them on the sidelines. :D

Edited by Naat

10 hours ago, Lionator said:

It’s click baiting. They might ‘consider’ her but it doesn’t mean it’ll happen. 

It’s a classic Chinese Whispers story. Football Tweet cites TalkSport as its source, but TalkSport hasn’t even reported that the FA is considering Wiegman - they just published an article speculating about potential candidates. They also included Guardiola on the list. 

Can see it being Lee Carsley. Not the most exciting appointment and I'm sure the press will be on his back straight away. The fact he's an Irish international complicates things somewhat given that's England's first game in the Nations League in September. But he's done very well with the U21s and promoting from within has worked out pretty well for Spain and Argentina.

As others have said here, of the elite managers available only Tuchel woud realistically take the job, and he'd inevitably end up nutting a member of the royal family or something. Not that I'm against that.

• Sad 1

Don't see any logic in waiting. Only Howe is someone I could see they might wait to see if he gets sacked by Newcastle but I doubt they'd do that really early in the season. 

Probably give Carsley the nations league campaign and then see who's available for the world cup qualifying. Maybe Klopp would be ready to return then..

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

Interim manager Lee Carsley to win well against Ireland and then get the job. 

Honestly having looked back at the euro’s win from the u21’s, Carsley is one of my personal wants for the job. The free flowing 1-2 touch football, the movement from the front four and the high press they played is everything we’ve wanted from the senior side. 

This goal being a prime example:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honestly having looked back at the euro’s win from the u21’s, Carsley is one of my personal wants for the job. The free flowing 1-2 touch football, the movement from the front four and the high press they played is everything we’ve wanted from the senior side. 

This goal being a prime example:

He will probably bring in a more defensive advisor in Southgate is the problem. 😂 

I reckon there are a lot of hidden agendas/issues within the team and how FA operates. We can start by certainly agreeing to these:

- Good generation of players.

- A lot of talent in the offensive end not so much at the back but still decent except LBs,  though the issue with LBs is pretty much worldwide in football. 

That said, why the journos spread rumours about Wiegman? Is this national team a contender of San Marino, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein? Historically national teams all over the world managed to attract big names. Ffs even Greece had Rehhagel and Ranieri. 

The issue is FA and all current big managerial names know this. Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelotti etc don't want a stupid bureaucrat over their head telling them what to do. This team is not different to a club under the likes of Ashley, Marinakis, Levy, Jesus Gil etc. England won't win anything until FA realises their job ends by appointing the best manager for a nation which is a FOOTBALL nation. 

Releasing on the media names as Carsley, Howe, Potter, Wiegman is absolutely laughable. Why don't we appoint my wife then? She explained to me the handball rule inside the box. I still don't understand but whatever. She's a doctor, she knows better about these "modern" football rules. 

Guest Col city fan

I see Potch is in the frame now.

That would be an appointment that I think would make sense.

Good man manager, tactically astute, a ‘winner’ with Argentina (I believe)?

And out of work so no hassle from any club that might want to keep him (eg Howe and Newcastle)

I hope this happens.

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

I’m willing to wait for my turn with Maya Jama too tbf 

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s been reported before that Pep would like the England job at some point. Apparently he wants to eventually manage an international team and is not interested in managing Spain. He also loves the English game…

18 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Some suggestions are suggesting the fa may not appoint the next permanent manager rtill next year... in words get interim until there prime target is available. But its a long interim period plus would anyone take the job knowing next year they will be replaced.

makes sense if they are after pep