Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Next England Manager?

I think globally there will be lot of interest a lot of top coaches would really fancy this job. 

Bit typical fa they will give it to an Englishman with no proven success. Just guiding an unfancied club to midtable... yeah uninspiring stuff.

Interesting on paul merson talking how times change. Like in 2016, Alan Pardew was being eyed as a replacement for Hogdson. Now hes look as a bit of joke of a coach.

Steve Bruce i remember was being touted as replacement for Capello going into Euro 2012 how horrific that would have been.

On 16/07/2024 at 19:47, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I have no idea how truthful this is - and it’s both unlikely and would be extremely unfair on her because she’d get a huge black lash if she was appointed…

… but I wouldn’t be totally against it - the way she’s had the women’s team setup and playing is really impressive 

Wot like this you mean?...Hmmm.. Not a bad motivational technique l guess

Polish_20240718_084128905.jpg

17 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s been reported before that Pep would like the England job at some point. Apparently he wants to eventually manage an international team and is not interested in managing Spain. He also loves the English game…

Didn't realise he'd said this and the stuff behind not managing Spain. Honestly, seems like a good fit if he's going to leave Man City at the end of the season. What else is he going to do in terms of club management!

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Didn't realise he'd said this and the stuff behind not managing Spain. Honestly, seems like a good fit if he's going to leave Man City at the end of the season. What else is he going to do in terms of club management!

Indeed. He's a proud Catalan and a supporter of Catalonian independence, which he apparently regards as incompatible with managing the Spanish national side. He is also on record as saying he wants to manage an international side at a World Cup or European Championships. Given his stature, he's only going to pick a country that he thinks at least has a shot at winning a major trophy, which realistically gives him a choice of what? Maybe six or seven countries? And he's lived in England for eight years and loves the game here. So is it really so outrageous to think he might be tempted to manage England?

But what do I know? Purple Ronnie says there's no chance of it happening because, um, 'common sense' :D

• Like 2

Pep as an international manager would be interesting. Part of his success his ability to train players (and buy incredible talent of course) on the training pitches, providing them with so much tactical information. You don't get that time in international football. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, the UEFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers don’t start until March 2025 (drawn December) - so in theory they could wait for Pep and only have to manage 2 of these.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Yes, the UEFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers don’t start until March 2025 (drawn December) - so in theory they could wait for Pep and only have to manage 2 of these.

100% get Pep if he wants it and he will be worth waiting a year for. Just let Lee Carsley step in until then 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

100% get Pep if he wants it and he will be worth waiting a year for. Just let Lee Carsley step in until then 

I think everyone would love to see if it worked, or failed spectacularly. If he won the World Cup with England, it would really cement his legacy of being the GOAT.

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Pep as an international manager would be interesting. Part of his success his ability to train players (and buy incredible talent of course) on the training pitches, providing them with so much tactical information. You don't get that time in international football. 

Yeah I wonder what the appeal of international football is for any good club manager and particularly an obsessive football pervert like Pep. If he just fancies a change then fair enough but he could have his pick of basically any job in the world

7 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

pep for england would be like maresca for leicester.

cant buy ready made talent and the fans will lose patience with when the tactics dont suit the players strengths.

The idea of got to be English is really restricting your options and you look round, is there any English coach in the last decade that's actually won a major trophy or a top level league title... sad to say English managers aren't in a great place at the moment. Realistically if the FA want silverware you need a manager you know is capable of winning trophies and motivating top players.

Just imagine someone like Jurgen Klopp or a Mauricio Pochettino express interest in the job, having one them managing the likes of Stones, Guehi, White (if steve holland leaves), Bellingham, Foden, Saka, Kane, Palmer, Watkins, Grealish, Maddison, Gordon and Toney, instead them amazing set players being managed by the likes of Graham Potter.

18 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

The idea of got to be English is really restricting your options and you look round, is there any English coach in the last decade that's actually won a major trophy or a top level league title... sad to say English managers aren't in a great place at the moment. Realistically if the FA want silverware you need a manager you know is capable of winning trophies and motivating top players.

Just imagine someone like Jurgen Klopp or a Mauricio Pochettino express interest in the job, having one them managing the likes of Stones, Guehi, White (if steve holland leaves), Bellingham, Foden, Saka, Kane, Palmer, Watkins, Grealish, Maddison, Gordon and Toney, instead them amazing set players being managed by the likes of Graham Potter.

To be honest English managers and coaches are improving but they aren’t at the level required at the moment. The only option I would seriously consider is Howe to be honest. If we can’t get him then yeah we will have to go foreign again if we want to have a chance at doing well at the World Cup 

Guest Col city fan

What’s Mancini up to at the moment?

He’d be a real left-field appointment but an excellent manager 

Guest Col city fan
On 18/07/2024 at 11:11, ClaphamFox said:

Indeed. He's a proud Catalan and a supporter of Catalonian independence, which he apparently regards as incompatible with managing the Spanish national side. He is also on record as saying he wants to manage an international side at a World Cup or European Championships. Given his stature, he's only going to pick a country that he thinks at least has a shot at winning a major trophy, which realistically gives him a choice of what? Maybe six or seven countries? And he's lived in England for eight years and loves the game here. So is it really so outrageous to think he might be tempted to manage England?

But what do I know? Purple Ronnie says there's no chance of it happening because, um, 'common sense' :D

Yes but don’t forget @purpleronnie is part of the liberal elite and, as such, knows better than any of us.

😉

Keep the Villa connection; go get Emery. Clearly adept in European K.O competition, knows the English game, speaks the lingo and he might shake the FA out of this conservative possession game we seem to be hedging all our bets on; add some guile and a grit that's been evidently lacking.

On 15/07/2024 at 11:53, phoneticerror said:

I’m quite the opposite. It never sits right with me having a manager from a different nation. I’m aware this makes me sound like I voted Reform 😂😂

Omg 

Claudio wants his prem league trophy back 

brendan fa cup too 

MON 2 league cups 

On 20/07/2024 at 11:35, Super_horns said:

Just read Joachim Low has expressed an interest.

Now he is a proven International winner...

Not that expect him to get it.

Low is basically the German Southgate

Most their fans hate his tactics and think he should have won more 

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Keep the Villa connection; go get Emery. Clearly adept in European K.O competition, knows the English game, speaks the lingo and he might shake the FA out of this conservative possession game we seem to be hedging all our bets on; add some guile and a grit that's been evidently lacking.

Just signed a new deal, cost Fa fortune to even speak to him. But he would be amazing. Players like Watkins, Jacob Ramsey and Mings. Look different players under him.

Howe i think is on the list but i think the fa will be looking for a cheaper option. Itll end up being Potter or Carsley as they wouldn't have to be compensation. Can't say Potter and Carsley is the most inspiring appointment... more lazy.