Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

Palermo (in Chesterfield) - Fri 26 July, 7pm ko.

What a performance!

Screen froze, had to use my sons’s ipad instead, tried to log in to the account I’d created but it said invalid, tried to create a new account but couldn’t as email had an account already!  So had to create a new account on another iPad using another email address! 

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's under the normal away tickets section on the site.

Cheers lol for some reason I didn't even think to check there. Went straight to Chesterfield's site expecting something!

3 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Sorted a couple no problem. As you buy them it implies they'll be posted, but seconds later the e-tickets (pdfs) arrived. Very simple.

Just a heads-up folks…. my e-ticket went into my Spam folder so check that folder first before panicking! 

23 hours ago, red5 said:

Anyone else realise the seats are upside down compared to normal and the front (pitch) is at the top?

lol Hadn't noticed no!

I thought I was midway between middle and back, looks like I'm actually midway between middle and front.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, red5 said:

Anyone else realise the seats are upside down compared to normal and the front (pitch) is at the top?

The seats upside down???

That's going to be damn uncomfortable for those who refuse to stand at Away games! :D

15 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

What’s the deal with the empty middle block 

I wonder if they're keeping extra space for both squads and management teams.  :dunno:

I'd imagine there's not going to be much space on the benches during pre season with all the rotation and what not. 

11 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Parking is full and it looks like there's limited parking near the ground.

Anyone got any useful info. re. where best to park, or which bus runs to the ground from the city centre?

For some reason we have lots of car parks despite being a town (people want to see the church!!). There is a multi story at the end of Saltergate, and also a big open car park opposite (in the middle of a junction). I would go for one of them if I were you.

It's then about half an hour walk to the ground, but it's pretty much a straight run, and Stagecoach run plenty of bus options. You either need to start walking then jump on a bus or walk towards town first to catch one, but I'm sure the Gold 50 goes past the ground as do routes 43 and 44.

I wouldn't call around the ground limited but I would be more careful. Tesco is big but on match day it's something like two hours max, just like all away grounds. There is also a smaller set of shops but it's probably the same thing. If you drive past the ground (towards Sheffield) there might be free road parking as there are shops up there.  To be honest I'm sure there is a chargeable car park behind Dominoes, as I've parked in there to go to a nearby restaurant, but I've not tried it for a couple of years now.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

For some reason we have lots of car parks despite being a town (people want to see the church!!). There is a multi story at the end of Saltergate, and also a big open car park opposite (in the middle of a junction). I would go for one of them if I were you.

It's then about half an hour walk to the ground, but it's pretty much a straight run, and Stagecoach run plenty of bus options. You either need to start walking then jump on a bus or walk towards town first to catch one, but I'm sure the Gold 50 goes past the ground as do routes 43 and 44.

I wouldn't call around the ground limited but I would be more careful. Tesco is big but on match day it's something like two hours max, just like all away grounds. There is also a smaller set of shops but it's probably the same thing. If you drive past the ground (towards Sheffield) there might be free road parking as there are shops up there.  To be honest I'm sure there is a chargeable car park behind Dominoes, as I've parked in there to go to a nearby restaurant, but I've not tried it for a couple of years now.

Thanks very much for that.

On 24/07/2024 at 21:13, Twitcher said:

Parking is full and it looks like there's limited parking near the ground.

Anyone got any useful info. re. where best to park, or which bus runs to the ground from the city centre?

You can book parking at the local Tesco which is 5 minutes walk apparently 

Quite a few going tonight. 2,800ish?

The stand we're in holds 2,902 which we've near as damn it sold out (minus the centre block), plus we've sold a fair few behind the goal too.

On one side is the Van Yard Main (West) Stand. This stand has a capacity of 2,902 seats on a single tier, with a glass fronted executive lounge at the rear. The players emerge from the tunnel at the centre of the stand, whilst the centre seating of the stand is taken up by the Directors Box, Sponsors and Legends seating areas

On 25/07/2024 at 09:10, Fox92 said:

That's crazy parking in town and walking to the stadium. Use the YourParkingSpace website/app to pay a few quid and park next to the stadium.

12 hours ago, syston_fox said:

I’ve just used Just Park and booked a parking space at Sainsbury’s for £4. 

Sainsbury's? I'd definitely cancel that and rebook in the Tesco

Edited by LaCiudad
  • Like 1