Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC BEAST

Old City shirt - help with where it’s from

I’ve just bought this shirt on Vinted, but somehow just noticed the Walkers logo rather than the Alliance and Leicester one. 

The seller mentioned that it was match worn, but not sure when. 

I was wondering if anybody had any information of where the shirt could be from? I’m assuming one used before an agreement with Alliance and Leicester was made?

IMG_7319.jpeg

Just now, LCFC BEAST said:

Just number 4

IMG_7320.jpeg

Yes, definitely a youth shirt. Would have been worn during an academy game, possibly reserves but can’t remember whether they had alliance and Leicester, or walkers Like the academy.

22 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

I’ve just bought this shirt on Vinted, but somehow just noticed the Walkers logo rather than the Alliance and Leicester one. 

I was wondering if anybody had any information of where the shirt could be from? I’m assuming one used before an agreement with Alliance and Leicester was made?

IMG_7319.jpeg

Match worn by the bloke at his local 7 a side i assume he means?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

IMG_7319.jpeg

Ouch. I hope you haven’t paid much. My instinct is it’s a dodgy shirt… BUT there is a very very small chance it’s a preseason shirt, hence lack of name on the back. Was this the season the sponsor changed? My memory isn’t what it used to be.

Match worn is only really worth anything if it’s a proper match/league etc.

12 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Ouch. I hope you haven’t paid much. My instinct is it’s a dodgy shirt… BUT there is a very very small chance it’s a preseason shirt, hence lack of name on the back. Was this the season the sponsor changed? My memory isn’t what it used to be.

Match worn is only really worth anything if it’s a proper match/league etc.

Only a tenner. 
I never thought it would be a a first team worn shirt - more so a friendly game or something

• Like 3

10 hours ago, brookfox said:

Seem to remember A Trialist playing in number 4.

That bloke is shit hot every pre-season, banging them in all over the place and the season starts and nothing.

Edited by Foxmeister

53 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

That design was the 125th anniversary shirt with a Loros sponsor for the mens' 1st team

Nah, that shirt was worn between 2003-2005 I’m sure with alliance and Leicester, 125 Loros one was 2009-2010.

• Like 1

Fair enough, i wasn't paying much attention to away kits back then, i just remember the loros one, because it was one i actually bought - i thought it was the first time they'd gone retro with it.