Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Southgate steps down as England manager

Let’s hope whoever we get in next can take us to the next level and utilise the amazing talent that we have. 

Thanks for everything Gareth. 

• Like 3

He’s got out at the right time.

England’s upcoming Nations League fixtures of Ireland, Finland and Greece are no gimmies AND World Cup qualifying might be tricky given I believe we’re not going to be a top seed.

Whoever the new man is - they’ll need to hit the ground running.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right decision, he has taken us as far as he can, but he doesn’t have it in him to get us over that final hurdle. We need a more tactically astute manager who plays a less negative style. Southgate deserves respect for what he has achieved did a decent job at what was a difficult time for the England team. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Would rather carsley gets promoted than bringing in a club manager …

Really? 

Minimal club experience (few games as caretaker manager) and I don’t think he’s reached more than 50 games for the Under 21’s.

Managing the full set-up, with big-ego pro’s would be very different to the juniors.

I don’t see the FA going this way personally - much to big of a risk.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Would rather carsley gets promoted than bringing in a club manager …

The most likely outcome I think. They did the same with Southgate. Got him in the 21s then promoted him. 

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

England’s upcoming Nations League fixtures of Ireland, Finland and Greece are no gimmies

Sort of think they are to be honest, 3 nice 'friendlies' to bed in a new style and new players. I doubt the nations league will go on for much longer so needing to get 'promoted' is less of an issue.

I get the feeling Carsley will take those three games. Wouldn't be surprised to see England go the same route and hire him permenantly after that test.

The football the U21's play has been excellent, especially in the last tournament.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Really? 

Minimal club experience (few games as caretaker manager) and I don’t think he’s reached more than 50 games for the Under 21’s.

Managing the full set-up, with big-ego pro’s would be very different to the juniors.

The Spanish took a risk with their U21 coach …..

and I think he has the bottle to tell some of the big time Charlies that it’s time to move on.  Southgate also did that but then ended up too close to some of them over the past few years. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Really? 

He won the last Euros in the style Spain just won the senior euros, won every game and didn't concede a single goal!

And a lot of that team now feature in the senior squad.

• Like 1