Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Southgate steps down as England manager

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Which England players are currently World class? Maybe Bellingham has the potential to be world class at Real Madrid.

Have you seen the combined goal contributions of the squad he was given?

Foden, Kane, Palmer, Bellingham are all leading talent in world class leagues. The fact we didn’t see three of them perform is down to the manager. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

His approach wasn't actually that negative in 2018. It might say more about how bad we'd been previously but some of the football in that tournament was best we'd played in years. 

Not initially when we were playing panama no. But the Croatia semi final was much like the Italy final. Score early, try and sit on it for 80 mins and cross your fingers. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Not initially when we were playing panama no. But the Croatia semi final was much like the Italy final. Score early, try and sit on it for 80 mins and cross your fingers. 

I can easily forgive that Croatia semi final. Their midfield was miles better than ours. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I can easily forgive that Croatia semi final. Their midfield was miles better than ours. 

I could forgive losing it aswell. If we atleast lost trying to win. But we didn't. We lost trying not to lose. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Which England players are currently World class? Maybe Bellingham has the potential to be world class at Real Madrid.

We have one in my opinion in Foden but he's never really performed for England

I suspect they’ll want a bigger name than Carsley… one that has history of getting the best out of world class players..

Carsley will know some of the younger ones very well, of course..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

His approach wasn't actually that negative in 2018. It might say more about how bad we'd been previously but some of the football in that tournament was best we'd played in years. 

It did include however a last minute smash and grab against Tunisia, us panning a country that is basically just a canal and a tactical but they claimed it wasn't attempt to draw against Belgium and we lost it to get an earlier route. 

Columbia was good to shake the penalty voodoo, but we were minutes away from not needing ET and shipped in a late goal. Sweden was a good game and the first half of the Croatia game were great. Whatever was said at half time in that semi messed us up. Probably being told to sit on the 1-0.  

• Like 1

Should be given enormous credit for resetting the culture, restoring pride in the national team and comes across as a genuinely nice bloke.  

However he should've gone after the World Cup in Qatar. This EUROs was one tournament too far and that much was obvious from the performances which were largely abject. Far too cautious, and England only got to the final because of an absurdly lucky draw. 

Hope he stays on at the FA in some sort of development role.

Go and get Poch.

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Should be given enormous credit for resetting the culture, restoring pride in the national team and comes across as a genuinely nice bloke.  

However he should've gone after the World Cup in Qatar. This EUROs was one tournament too far and that much was obvious from the performances which were largely abject. Far too cautious, and England only got to the final because of an absurdly lucky draw. 

Hope he stays on at the FA in some sort of development role.

Go and get Poch.

Tuchel is a better manager than Poch imo

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We have one in my opinion in Foden but he's never really performed for England

Not for me. One good season and never does anything on International level. Should have been dropped from this year's starting 11 after the second game.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Not for me. One good season and never does anything on International level. Should have been dropped from this year's starting 11 after the second game.

I do agree he's had a poor tournament as have most of the English players but he's won something like 7 premier league titles and a champions league plus multiple domestic cups and he's only 23/24?

I don't think you become a mainstay in a Pep team without being a bit special

He won’t want it but Klopp’s rock and roll style + 2 years to find a keeper who can actually take pressure and make passes would totally fit this squad.

If Pickford was Allison/ Ederson we win that final. Still completely baffled by the tactics 

In many ways he was the quintessential England manager. Lots of sentimentality and nostalgia, coming close to winning but just missing out. No wonder the English public love him.