Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reginaldo

Abdul Fatawu Signs

I was disappointed with him first half, seemed the ball was just bouncing off him and breaking down play.

Second half though he brought last seasons form impressively against higher quality opponents. The ball to Vardy was great and he was much better on the ball causing them a headache.

Promising signs from him for the season!  

Shame I have left Fats and Vards on the bench on my fantasy side :huh:

It’s his effort and enthusiasm as much as his natural talent that makes him so lovable. I don’t think the Premier League will faze him one little bit. He’s going to be a star.

• Like 1

To be fair to Fatawu although he was very quiet in the first half I could see he was doing an awful lot of defending. He came into things a lot more in the second half. Going to be a bit of a transition but very confident in his ability

10 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Looked good today. He could be what Barnsey was for us. We just need to keep feeding him the ball. 

I can see him scoring a few and getting in a few assists. We gonna rely on him alot!

He's a lot better than Barnes at everything except for scoring goals. He can actually take players on and pulls more than his weight defensively, which you couldn't say about Barnes.

This is very sweet, and clearly him and not his PR people.

Think perhaps lost amongst our justifiable negativity is that for a lot of players they are immensely excited to play in the prem for first time. And they are not a resigned to failure as we think

IMG_6984.png

Edited by eblair
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Poor for both goals today imo. Obviously very young and learning, but needs to sharpen up quick 

Worse for the second, totally lost the full back who crossed the ball.

Get a lot of leeway form the fanbase compared to some players.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Worse for the second, totally lost the full back who crossed the ball.

Get a lot of leeway form the fanbase compared to some players.

Very young player playing in the Prem for the first time compared to pretty much everyone else who has played Prem or top level football before

He deserves more leeway compared to most of the other players

• Like 1

One of his worst games he’s had for us today. 

Even still, whenever he’s got the ball there’s a feeling that he could make something happen. 

Before the game really thought his match up with Digne was a good one for us as I don’t rate Digne as a defender at all. But in the event, Digne won the duel hands down. Still believe in Abdul, though. He just needs to reflect and learn from games like today.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Very young player playing in the Prem for the first time compared to pretty much everyone else who has played Prem or top level football before

He deserves more leeway compared to most of the other players

He does, but so do some others, who get none.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Eskay said:

Deserved to be dropped today. The worrying thing is when he came on he didn't really look great. 

He really needs to turn it around....had really high hopes for him! 

I think it was a bit difficult for him to thrive today given we'd started retreating long before he came on. He needs support to create things with/for him. He's 20, not a one-man-army. He'll flourish if given the chance and support of other creative players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Deserved to be dropped today. The worrying thing is when he came on he didn't really look great. 

He's 20, has one real season as a pro under his belt, stepping up to one of the best league in the world.

Its a steep learning cover for him.

19 minutes ago, Eskay said:

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He's 20, has one real season as a pro under his belt, stepping up to one of the best league in the world.

Its a steep learning cover for him.

And got told to play on the left, despite his best performances last season (and only ones) were on the right. Would have made more sense for him to come on for Ayew. 

• Like 2