Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LFEFox23

Players Leaving

Does there seem to be a distinct lack of interest from other clubs for any of our players?

Only serious interest seemed to be Bologna for Kristensen at the start of the window but nothing else?!

I think there's at least 7-8 I would of thought we would and they would want to leave - 

Ward

Iversen

Soumare

Thomas

Kristiansen

Souttar

Nelson (Loan)

Wanya (Loan)

Or Rudkin has gave Cooper the France trip to assess the squad and decide?

2 minutes ago, Jock's Hill said:

....and Daka??

There is a better chance of stopping the boats than getting relieved of some of the players on that list. 

• Like 1

I think due to our current situation, Coops will want to have a good look at Victor and Soumare, before even thinking about letting them go. Those two positions we are light in. He may well want to keep them until at least January, to see where we are at.

I think by the end of this window we will have sold/loaned out

Iversen

Nelson

Wanya Marcel

maybe even McAteer

If a good offer is received we may also sell Faes 

Edited by FoxinNotts

Puts it into perspective how hard it will be to shift some of the utter, utter s**t we've signed when Kelechi Iheanacho is a free agent and I can't find a single rumour around where he's going to end up bar some weak as piss link to Villa.

Clubs aren't even taking our shite on a free, never mind paying us for the privelige. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Puts it into perspective how hard it will be to shift some of the utter, utter s**t we've signed when Kelechi Iheanacho is a free agent and I can't find a single rumour around where he's going to end up bar some weak as piss link to Villa.

Clubs aren't even taking our shite on a free, never mind paying us for the privelige. 

Same with Ndidi.

Our club seems to live on nostalgia so were were happy to throw some money at him, even when no one else would.

1 hour ago, LFEFox23 said:

Does there seem to be a distinct lack of interest from other clubs for any of our players?

Only serious interest seemed to be Bologna for Kristensen at the start of the window but nothing else?!

I think there's at least 7-8 I would of thought we would and they would want to leave - 

Ward

Iversen

Soumare

Thomas

Kristiansen

Souttar

Nelson (Loan)

Wanya (Loan)

Or Rudkin has gave Cooper the France trip to assess the squad and decide?

You are aware most transfers happen without there being news of interest? 

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

You are aware most transfers happen without there being news of interest? 

I'm not aware of this.

Most transfers will be leaked by agent, player, selling club etc. Drum up more interest or drive the price up - Why wouldn't they?

Some will go through quietly, but 'most'?

Cooper still hasn’t really had much of a chance to fully evaluate the whole squad together yet so we don’t know yet what he thinks about Kristiansen, Soumare, Souttar, and Coady (and possibly Thomas)

We don’t usually see young players going out on loan until August either

• Like 3

Because they're all on absurdly inflated LCFC contracts relative to their ability. 

Other clubs not willing to match our salaries + players unwilling to take a pay cut = deadwood running down their contracts 

• Like 3

No secret that we are utter tripe when it comes to moving players on.

They'll all leave on a free after we've paid their wages for another few years. No doubt about it.

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

Same with Ndidi.

Our club seems to live on nostalgia so were were happy to throw some money at him, even when no one else would.

And you know this how ? 

The signing of ndidi makes perfect sense. 

42 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Well obviously I don’t know, but it’s a pretty fair assumption?

Makes perfect sense in your opinion maybe.

He said he had offers but wanted to stay. 

Well no, not just mine, a lot of people. We need him, he cost us nothing other than wages. We cannot afford to replace him. 

We are 2 years past peak contracts with a lot of players gone.  Hopefully lessons have been learnt and bar an ever smaller amount of ‘legacy’ contracts we are in much better shape financially.

i think Kristianson will play this season.  

Thomas, Iverson, Nelson and Wanya won’t be on big wages so as much as anything moves benefit their career as much as our finances,

One of Coady or Souttar,  Soumane are the squad players I’d want to move on to create funds,  Ward yes but that will never happen,

• Like 1

Why sell Iverson for 2 million now when you can release him on a free next year? 

Why release Luke Thomas when you can keep banging him on ridiculous contracts? 

Why sell Soumare when you can stick him out on loan and continue to pay a ridiculous proportion of his weekely wage?

Got to love Rudders. 

15 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

I think for Kelechi it maybe a reality check this off season , clubs aren't going to be paying him the sums we was rumoured to be paying (70-80k a week).... Unless its Saudi money!

The clubs I thought maybe interested in him would look at him as a squad filler / back up to their main strikers -

Villa - Backup to Watkins

Bournemouth - Backup to Solanke

Wolves - Rotation with Cunha?

Everton - Rotation with DCL & Maupay

So at best would he get offers of 30 / 40k a week?

8 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

I think for Kelechi it maybe a reality check this off season , clubs aren't going to be paying him the sums we was rumoured to be paying (70-80k a week).... Unless its Saudi money!

The clubs I thought maybe interested in him would look at him as a squad filler / back up to their main strikers -

Villa - Backup to Watkins

Bournemouth - Backup to Solanke

Wolves - Rotation with Cunha?

Everton - Rotation with DCL & Maupay

So at best would he get offers of 30 / 40k a week?

I completely agree mate, that said, I also think that the 3 managers in charge of Villa, Wolves and Everton don't go anywhere near a Kelechi type player. Hard work, pressing and effort are the absolute bare minimum in the systems they play. 

I don't think any of them have watched Iheanacho in a Leicester shirt and thought they're getting that if they bring him in. I can't imagine him flourishing in a Sean Dyche team, his head would pop off watching him saunter about for 15 minutes offering absolutely zero, only for the ball to finally make it's way to him for his first touch to be like a trampoline sticking them instantly right back under the cosh!