Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Saelemaekers

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

As I’ve said in other threads, If it means we get a less good winger to then have the money to buy a proper number 10, then I’m happy with this outcome.

Just hope it is the case that we get that special number 10

3 DMs is the Cooper revolution

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

As I’ve said in other threads, If it means we get a less good winger to then have the money to buy a proper number 10, then I’m happy with this outcome.

Just hope it is the case that we get that special number 10

You seem pretty convinced we are going to play with a #10. I'm not. 

Cooper prefers a 433 with no number 10. In games that he expects to be under the cosh, he'll move to a 3421, again with no 10. 

Ofcourse he could be looking at an entirely new system but there is no evidence of that so far...

I think you could get this guy or someone like him as a loan with option to buy. A deal like that would be decent, permanent less so. He’s a decent player, mid-table Premier League is probably his level. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

To rotate on left/right wing, fair enough, and I would share the opinion of @Scotch in the absence of a 10, it does not seem likely we should expect to see one.

Striker and one, maybe two Midfielders after this guy and we are looking decent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

You seem pretty convinced we are going to play with a #10. I'm not. 

Cooper prefers a 433 with no number 10. In games that he expects to be under the cosh, he'll move to a 3421, again with no 10. 

Ofcourse he could be looking at an entirely new system but there is no evidence of that so far...

Cooper plays 433, 3421 AND 4231

He likes to have players at his disposal to play any formation

He had some relative good success when he played MGW in his favoured position as a number 10, getting Forest out of a sticky patch when they reverted to that system

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Cooper plays 433, 3421 AND 4231

He likes to have players at his disposal to play any formation

He had some relative good success when he played MGW in his favoured position as a number 10, getting Forest out of a sticky patch when they reverted to that system

Whenever he's played a 10 with forest, it was a loose 3412... which would make all these wingers redundant. 

I would prefer to buy players that either improve first eleven or will do in the future. Personally, I don’t think we need numbers for numbers sake. If we are looking for squad players then let’s buy young ones who are hungry for game time and get your average Belgian hit or miss squad players on loan. 

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 3

Just now, Scotch said:

Whenever he's played a 10 with forest, it was a loose 3412... which would make all these wingers redundant. 

‘All these’ How many wingers do you think we’ll end up with?

I think we’ll end up with 4. Hardly excessive 

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

‘All these’ How many wingers do you think we’ll end up with?

I think we’ll end up with 4. Hardly excessive 

It IS excessive if you don't plan on playing any wingers! 

• Like 1

https://romapress.net/roma-reject-milans-first-offer-for-tammy-abraham-that-includes-saelemaekers-okafor/#google_vignette

Milan want to strengthen their attack ahead of next season and, together with Alvaro Morata, want to gift Abraham to Paulo Fonseca.

According to Il Messaggero, the Rossoneri formulated an initial offer for Abraham, submitting a €10 million bid plus the choice of one between Alexis Saelemaekers and Noah Okafor.

Roma, however, rejected this offer and demand a higher fixed fee, all in cash in one outright payment.

The newspaper claims Roma would ideally ask for €30 million but will eventually settle for €25 million which they will reinvest in the signing of Alexander Sorloth as Abraham’s replacement.

Edited by Molson Canadian

Just now, Scotch said:

This guy and BDCR are very versatile (as with Choudhury and JJ to an extent).

Mangers will generally tell us that they want 2 good options for each position.

With these ‘Swiss army knife’ types, these are good options for squad building.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So who you playing in the wide areas in the 4.

You can play winger in those roles, as long as they can do there their bit defensively which both Fatawu and Mavididi show last season.

O'Neill successfully played Guppy and Impey as wingback when they were actually wingers.

Edited by coolhandfox

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Anyway, not sure where you’re getting this ‘not playing wingers’ bit from?

He plays 4231 a fair bit.

He even played it when they came to our place.

(admittedly we spanked them that day 👀)

Surely this won’t be a replacement for soule, from his clips it looks as if he plays predominantly off the left, which means he would be cover for Mav. If we get him for a good price, I have no issues with this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The_77 said:

More from the Milan fans: he always gives you 110% and is a great teammate. Role player. Every now and then he gives you some magic like this:

Sounds like an Albrighton kinda player, never a bad thing

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This guy and BDCR are very versatile (as with Choudhury and JJ to an extent).

Mangers will generally tell us that they want 2 good options for each position.

With these ‘Swiss army knife’ types, these are good options for squad building.

Absolutely, that's why BDR and Soule make sense as they play wide but offer good options at 10 when needed. 

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Anyway, not sure where you’re getting this ‘not playing wingers’ bit from?

He plays 4231 a fair bit.

He even played it when they came to our place.

(admittedly we spanked them that day 👀)

Pretty much anything forest related when talking about how he played whilst there and I didn't say he didn't play wingers. I said generally when he plays a 10, it's without wingers but he prefers 433 or 3421. 

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So who you playing in the wide areas in the 4.

You can play winger in those roles, as long as they can do there their bit defensively which both Fatawu and Mavididi show last season.

O'Neill successfully played Guppy and Impey as wingback when they were actually wingers.

You absolutely can. I've said a fair few times that I'd fancy Fatawu at LWB if Soule were to play RW. But in connection to my origional point, usually if he plays wingbacks, there isn't a 10. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Absolutely, that's why BDR and Soule make sense as they play wide but offer good options at 10 when needed. 

Pretty much anything forest related when talking about how he played whilst there and I didn't say he didn't play wingers. I said generally when he plays a 10, it's without wingers but he prefers 433 or 3421. 

You absolutely can. I've said a fair few times that I'd fancy Fatawu at LWB if Soule were to play RW. But in connection to my origional point, usually if he plays wingbacks, there isn't a 10. 

This guy certainly gives us more flexibility in wide areas than Soule. 
I think people are clutching a little bit, if they think Soule will be played as a 10. He can, but don’t think we’d buy him for that. 

• Like 1