Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Saelemaekers

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Absolutely, that's why BDR and Soule make sense as they play wide but offer good options at 10 when needed. 

Pretty much anything forest related when talking about how he played whilst there and I didn't say he didn't play wingers. I said generally when he plays a 10, it's without wingers but he prefers 433 or 3421. 

You absolutely can. I've said a fair few times that I'd fancy Fatawu at LWB if Soule were to play RW. But in connection to my origional point, usually if he plays wingbacks, there isn't a 10. 

Its going to very interesting to see what his plan is.

• Like 1

Good signing and cover for each wing as long as the wage is sensible. And as long as we still get Soule in.

No idea how we’d line up if we get them all, I can’t see Cooper ditching wingers and going for a back 3, Mavadidi and Fatawu are to key for us. I know you can go 343, but then one of Fatawu or Soule is left out and we won’t do that. They both will play. And I’m not having Fatawu LWB. 

Could we play a front three of Mavadidi, Soule, Fatawu, Soule withdrawn. Playing like Klopps Mane, Bobby, Salah. Would be fun to watch. 

Probably not, but I can’t see us playing those three with a 9 ahead of them. And I can’t see us playing any of them wing backs. Soule and Fatawu have to be on the pitch at the same time. 

Edited by Levi Port

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This guy certainly gives us more flexibility in wide areas than Soule. 
I think people are clutching a little bit, if they think Soule will be played as a 10. He can, but don’t think we’d buy him for that. 

Well that kinda goes to prove my point...

If you think Soule would play wide then that means Fatawu would either play as a WB which means no #10 or we drop Fatawu to favour a 4231 and I don't see that either. 

That's why I think we want Soule and BDR to offer options there but predominantly play wide which would mean likely no 4231 unless £14m Fatawu is sitting on the bench. 

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Well that kinda goes to prove my point...

If you think Soule would play wide then that means Fatawu would either play as a WB which means no #10 or we drop Fatawu to favour a 4231 and I don't see that either. 

That's why I think we want Soule and BDR to offer options there but predominantly play wide which would mean likely no 4231 unless £14m Fatawu is sitting on the bench. 

We need a proper no10, mate

The versatile players should be used  as back up to the ‘square pegs’.

its a squad game played over a season with lots of injuries

You don’t have to get all your best players on the pitch at the same time. Especially if you’re lucky enough to have say 16 top quality players

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Like him but don't love him. Does a lot of running. 

we have an albrighton shaped spot to fill in the squad. Could use a hard working mid for the tougher opposition 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we have an albrighton shaped spot to fill in the squad. Could use a hard working mid for the tougher opposition 

That's the spot I thought BDR was going to fill but who knows anymore? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Sounds like he primarily played on the left for Bologna so would give Mav some proper competition, which is a good thing, I think. 

Already played a lot with Kristiansen as well which would help both