Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Saelemaekers

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The stats broken down by minutes were a goal contribution every 3 games weren’t they? Isn’t that similar Barnes? 

have i severely misunderstood something here? doesn’t sound like he has no output. 

@coolhandfox I think you pointed it out? 

Let’s not equate less full games to less output. 

You'd need Shane Warne levels of spin to get Saelemaekers holding his worth when it comes to goals and assists. 

You only have to look at the lack of them in a muck league like Juliper Pro at Anderlecht where he made Dennis Praet look prolific.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

The stats broken down by minutes were a goal contribution every 3 games weren’t they? Isn’t that similar Barnes? 

have i severely misunderstood something here? doesn’t sound like he has no output. 

@coolhandfox I think you pointed it out? 

Let’s not equate less full games to less output. 

If you look at goal contributions per minutes played rather then appearances.

At Milan he's had a lot of sub appearances, didn't regularly get 90 minutes.

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd need Shane Warne levels of spin to get Saelemaekers holding his worth when it comes to goals and assists. 

You only have to look at the lack of them in a muck league like Juliper Pro at Anderlecht where he made Dennis Praet look prolific.

He's record OK in Italy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

he’s definitely not coming in to be our creative maestro. But looks someone solid defensively that also chips it with the attack. 

I know it’s a laboured comparison but the marc albrighton to your riyad. Maybe adds more balance to a side that fills its boots creatively elsewhere. 

I think he could turn out to be a tidy player, even if not very inspiring. But your james milner types never are… but they can play a huge role. 

These players aren’t appreciated until you have them.  Not many on here would have seen value in winks… but after watching him for a year we can all see what he offers. 

But don’t mistake me, we absolutely must recruit more creative players because fatawu isn’t going to do it all alone 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

he’s definitely not coming in to be our creative maestro. But looks someone solid defensively that also chips it with the attack. 

I know it’s a laboured comparison but the marc albrighton to your riyad. Maybe adds more balance to a side that fills its boots creatively elsewhere. 

I think he could turn out to be a tidy player, even if not very inspiring. But your james milner types never are… but they can play a huge role. 

These players aren’t appreciated until you have them.  Not many on here would have seen value in winks… but after watching him for a year we can all see what he offers. 

But don’t mistake me, we absolutely must recruit more creative players because fatawu isn’t going to do it all alone 

That's what Cordova-Reid is coming in to do, don't need another. Especially as Fatawu and Mavididi are both proficient defensively too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's what Cordova-Reid is coming in to do, don't need another. Especially as Fatawu and Mavididi are both proficient defensively too.

Isn’t that usually our theme though Ric?

All our wide options last season were proficient defensively, Reid replaces Albrighton, while someone imo should replace McAteer, a back up to Mavididi was ideally needed last season. 

We’ll see what happens, but maybe Cooper like Maresca wants his wingers to graft defensively, rather than being the type that are too bone idle to track back. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need better, don't think people realise the lack of goals that's in this squad. Need attacking midfielders and goalscorers.

Definitely a concern. Our top scorers last season: Vardy 20, Mavididi 13, KDH 12, Daka/Fatawu/McAteer 7, Iheanacho/Ndidi 6, nobody else scored 5 or more. A 37-year-old whose last Premier League campaign yielded 3 league goals, two players who have left, Mavididi, Fatawu and Daka you would expect to chip in with a few and same for Decordova-Reid, McAteer is probably not quite up to it and Wilf I doubt will/would be able to perform the role he did last season.

It looks like last year it was a loan with option to buy for 10 million euros. I've just read that Milan want 15 million euros so around £12 million. Sometimes feels like  Premier League teams have this unofficial super tax added

58 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

A Belgian Akgun.

A loan wouldn’t be the worst deal but him clogging up our squad for 4 years doesn’t excite me.

53 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

We’re going to need some solid performers to stay up.

Nothing wrong with the 6/7 out of 10’s. I want players wanting to fight for the cause and if he’s one of them that’s good enough for me. 

If he really is a Belgian Agkun,  a 6/7 type player then surely Agkun is the deal to do? Cos he's cheaper.

52 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

We’re going to need some solid performers to stay up.

Nothing wrong with the 6/7 out of 10’s. I want players wanting to fight for the cause and if he’s one of them that’s good enough for me. 

That’s how you end up with Dennis Praet types on more than 70k a week for 5 years. That’s the last thing we need to do again.

Saleamakers would not be on cheap wages and he wouldn’t start over Fatawu or Ricardo.

• Like 1

All these rumours of players we’re being linked with  yet we have a decent prospect on our books already not a finished item but has the signs of becoming a quality player for us young Will Alves; can see this lad being an amazing talent for us hasn’t cost  us a fortune  to sign  and another quality player coming through the ranks at the academy  !

• Like 1