Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

An absolute huge no from me. Dosen't create enough dosen't score enough and too similar to winks. He's not mobile enough or athletic enough to be in a midfield when we already have winks.

He's not what we need at this moment in time. 

Money can be better spent elsewhere in the glaring positions we all know we desperately need.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

An absolute huge no from me. Dosen't create enough dosen't score enough and too similar to winks. He's not mobile enough or athletic enough to be in a midfield when we already have winks.

He's not what we need at this moment in time. 

Money can be better spent elsewhere in the glaring positions we all know we desperately need.

Who’s our alternative to Winks though, especially if Braybrooke isn’t going to be given a go? 

Priorities should be further forward, but still feel we are light in quality in central midfield, we surely need better competition for Winks and Ndidi :dunno:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Who’s our alternative to Winks though, especially if Braybrooke isn’t going to be given a go? 

Priorities should be further forward, but still feel we are light in quality in central midfield, we surely need better competition for Winks and Ndidi :dunno:

At the moment we have Choudhury whose been  given a new contract. Ricardo could play that role as evidenced last season. Soumare aswell 

Hamza and soumare are not great and I'd have tried to move on them both on but we are where we are.

We do need to address the CM role eventually but our budget isn't going to be great. Our glaring issues is goals in the side and buying skipp won't help that. Hence why it's a no from me at this time.

Skipp isn't going to what to come here and play second fiddle anyway and so a winks and skipp midfield isn't viable 

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg

39 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Missed an opportunity to pick up a few players for free off Bordeaux. Pedro Diaz would have been a decent back up. Swansea nabbed Vipotnik too who I suggested.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Missed an opportunity to pick up a few players for free off Bordeaux. Pedro Diaz would have been a decent back up. Swansea nabbed Vipotnik too who I suggested.

Which probably is his level.

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

At the moment we have Choudhury whose been  given a new contract. Ricardo could play that role as evidenced last season. Soumare aswell 

Hamza and soumare are not great and I'd have tried to move on them both on but we are where we are.

We do need to address the CM role eventually but our budget isn't going to be great. Our glaring issues is goals in the side and buying skipp won't help that. Hence why it's a no from me at this time.

Skipp isn't going to what to come here and play second fiddle anyway and so a winks and skipp midfield isn't viable 

Not sure it any less viable than a Winks and Ndidi double pivot.

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

The deep-lying playmaker role is a key position though mate. It was a position that needed strengthening last season, hence why we tried for Sensi in January, now here we are going into a new season, yet we still haven’t rectified it. 

Winks goes down, then our midfield is fvcked imo. Choudhury or Soumare being used in Winks’ role is a terrifying thought. Unless he changes his mind, Cooper doesn’t seem too keen on playing Ricardo in CM either. 

No way would we start Winks and Skipp together as they are similar players, but a lot of work still needs doing and a backup to Winks is needed. Maybe the loan market is something we could dip into when it comes to CM, but whether on a permanent or loan, we could do a lot worse than Oliver Skipp. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As I’ve said above, type of position where I’d happily take a loan or maybe someone under the £10 million bracket. Maximo Perrone has supposedly been told he can leave Man City on loan again, he’d be ideal for the role. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The deep-lying playmaker role is a key position though mate. It was a position that needed strengthening last season, hence why we tried for Sensi in January, now here we are going into a new season, yet we still haven’t rectified it. 

Winks goes down, then our midfield is fvcked imo. Choudhury or Soumare being used in Winks’ role is a terrifying thought. Unless he changes his mind, Cooper doesn’t seem too keen on playing Ricardo in CM either. 

No way would we start Winks and Skipp together as they are similar players, but a lot of work still needs doing and a backup to Winks is needed. Maybe the loan market is something we could dip into when it comes to CM, but whether on a permanent or loan, we could do a lot worse than Oliver Skipp. 

As I’ve said above, type of position where I’d happily take a loan or maybe someone under the £10 million bracket. Maximo Perrone has supposedly been told he can leave Man City on loan again, he’d be ideal for the role. 

Mandela Keita is the one :thumbup:

Unfortunately it makes too much sense to sign him and it is going to piss me off big time when he goes somewhere else and smashes it lol

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah fair assessment, but would have been nice to sign and send to Leuven. Diaz is good enough to play at a top level.

I don't think we have enough join up thinking across the two clubs both could benefit more from being sister clubs.

• Like 1