Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Let's not overreact. If it is £14m, It's not a bad fee at all for his profile of player given he is young, home grown and is rated decently by Spurs. Most people here would have no issue dropping a similar fee on someone like Gus Hamer.

Hamer got 11 goals and 10 assists in his last full season in the champ, Skipp got 1 goal and 2 assists as Norwich won the league.

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Hamer got 11 goals and 10 assists in his last full season in the champ, Skipp got 1 goal and 2 assists as Norwich won the league.

How many did Kante get when we won the league?

It's not all about scoring and assisting, you need people who can do the running and dirty side.

• Like 1

We've already brought in Buannotte, Bobby, Golding, to add to the likes of Mavadidi, Fatawu,  and Alves. So not sure we need any more attacking/midfield players. Skipp seems a good option so we're not over dependent on playing Choudry.   Won't say no to a LB or forward though.

20m+ is a bit on the high side but if we want the player and there was some competition for him the levy is always going to squeeze a bit more than most out of the buying club 

we can easily sell him for 10m. in two years so not much risk although a few mill o/spend 

• Like 1

I said this earlier in the window, I think he’s a good player. Not that dissimilar to Winks but younger. He improves the squad. 

Not 100% sure where he fits into the starting XI though. And not the sort of player that adds much to our creativity. 

Unlike our other signings, he’s a player I could see Enzo signing if he was still here, he’s good technically. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

Let's not overreact. If it is £14m, It's not a bad fee at all for his profile of player given he is young, home grown and is rated decently by Spurs. Most people here would have no issue dropping a similar fee on someone like Gus Hamer.

This is stinking business, some of the worst we have ever done. The guy is a pretty weak passer of the ball which isnt good enough for £20mil.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

How many did Kante get when we won the league?

It's not all about scoring and assisting, you need people who can do the running and dirty side.

Look at the context of the response, he just said people would be happy with Hamer. They offer different things 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

He is immediately into best our starting XI alongside Winks I would imagine, is better than the rest of those names, not entirely sure why we extended Ndidi, but we did. 

Still think this position is low priority since we already have bodies there, but a better partner for Winks is needed. I’d probably have gone for more of a DLP type, but he is available and will do well for us in the Championship. 

I came on to post almost exactly the same thing mate.

He makes our starting 11 and if it means that Bouba is out of the door then that’s a positive step.

My frustration at the club remains though….Skipp ok but WHY renew Hamza and Wilf?

Neither are where we want to be in 2024 and beyond….Hamza’s new deal actually grates on me so much.

• Like 1