Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It's pretty clear Cooper wants 2 CM's sitting in front of the back 4. A combination of Skipp/Winks/Ndidi/Hamza/Braybrooke is fine IMO, as long as we have the right 4 playing in front of them. 

Hopefully Hamza is moved on now as he's not progressing here being used to fill spaces.

Just now, fox_favourite said:

So who is goimg to hijack this deal? Southampton or Derby?

I can't see anyone else paying £20m.

Isn't he a defensive midfielder?

13 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The fee seems exorbitant but it's definitely a position we needed strengthening.

Yeah a striker is a priority but if the deal is there and he's a player we've identified as someone who can make a proper difference then it'd be silly not to do it on the off chance we can panic buy a striker we haven't scouted properly, for example.

We need strengthening all over the pitch, really, in my opinion, so we have to do the deals we can do. I think he can be a positive signing. Energetic, decent on the ball, can play alongside or instead of Winks.

It's just the fee that's less than ideal imo.

In isolation, it'd be a good signing. But with the fee reported (when we supposedly have money) and more importantly, the profile of midfielder he is, it makes little sense. We're desperate for a KDH replacement; somebody who can play as a conventional midfielder, but could play further forward by virtue of being able to create and chip in with a few goals, and carry the ball into advanced areas. Skipp doesn't do that. You can dispute the quality but we've already got Winks, Ndidi, Soumare and Choudhury who can play there. Why add another to that number when we are desperate for a striker, another wide option and the midfielder I've described above. Makes no sense 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Well Jordan James left Birmingham for around £4m to Rennes and Szmodics went for circa £9m to a Premier League rival. 

So, yes, something along these lines is certainly achievable. 

But I employed your sarcasm, friend. 

Cheers. 

I do apologise Oz for the unnecessary sarcasm, just gets a little tiring to read so much negativity on here in nigh on every single thread.

Unlike @LeePhilpottsBaldSpot I don’t have the excuse of a young one, so please forgive my lack of tolerance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The transfer fee to one side. Trying to look at this positively - He's not a creative player but he is a good footballer and a lot of Spurs fans think quite highly of him. He's only 23 as well. We could be the perfect club for him to flourish. We'll be giving away the ball all the time if we have Hamza/Ndidi alongside Winks all season - and you get punished for that at this level. So it's only right we're addressing it.

• Like 3

A player this young shouldn't be our of the game so much wirh so many injuries.

Should be £10 Million with £5 Mill providing he plays a certain amount of games like 80% and £5 Million if we avoid relegation.

Edited by Fox85

I guess this means hamer ain't coming  then ,don't understand why we are not trying  to sign him,but then again  our recruitment team has a habit of scouting outter trash players of recent years. 

That’s is a ALOT of money. Good player but very poor business!!!  

However, it’s what we expect, unimaginative, not progressive and uninspiring. Everything this club and a manager like Steve cooper stands for.

IMO they have got the manager appointment so very wrong given the situation and the signings are following the same pattern. It 100% will be Ayew next for about 6 mill and it’s horrible. 

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

In isolation, it'd be a good signing. But with the fee reported (when we supposedly have money) and more importantly, the profile of midfielder he is, it makes little sense. We're desperate for a KDH replacement; somebody who can play as a conventional midfielder, but could play further forward by virtue of being able to create and chip in with a few goals, and carry the ball into advanced areas. Skipp doesn't do that. You can dispute the quality but we've already got Winks, Ndidi, Soumare and Choudhury who can play there. Why add another to that number when we are desperate for a striker, another wide option and the midfielder I've described above. Makes no sense 

I think he's ahead of all of those bar Winks to be fair. We still need the creative midfielder, absolutely. But if we can move Soumare on and have Ndidi and Hamza as backups, I think that would be OK.

Buonanotte, Golding and Alves can play further forward but we do need a more senior, creative type even though it looks like Mavididi could play inside.

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I think he's ahead of all of those bar Winks to be fair. We still need the creative midfielder, absolutely. But if we can move Soumare on and have Ndidi and Hamza as backups, I think that would be OK.

Buonanotte, Golding and Alves can play further forward but we do need a more senior, creative type even though it looks like Mavididi could play inside.

Ideal world we would upgrade on Hamza and Soumare but if they're backups in our predicament, that's ok. 

Look at those attack minded options; absolutely shocking. 3 kids and only 1 of them has shown they could do a job. And I'm saying that as somebody who'd love Alves to play but that's as an alternative to a more senior player. Not sure Golding in physically ready. Mavididi is not a 10 and central not going to be playing a midfield 3 so that's underlining how awful our options are.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Ideal world we would upgrade on Hamza and Soumare but if they're backups in our predicament, that's ok. 

Look at those attack minded options; absolutely shocking. 3 kids and only 1 of them has shown they could do a job. And I'm saying that as somebody who'd love Alves to play but that's as an alternative to a more senior player. Not sure Golding in physically ready. Mavididi is not a 10 and central not going to be playing a midfield 3 so that's underlining how awful our options are.

We are obviously going to bring in more attacking players. It just appears that we’re signing Skipp first, likely because our targets for more forward positions are proving trickier to get over the line. 

• Like 4

Would've been ok for the same fee as Winks, but 20-25M is horrendous business. When you factor in that we've broken PSR rules and are likely to do it again this season, this is harakiri.