Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

2 hours ago, Iran said:

Useless player and (more or less) useless signing for a position that really doesn't need prioritizing over a striker and/or #10.

You’re happy with a midfield of Ndidi, Winks and Choudhury then? 😂

• Like 1

Incidentally, Transfermarkt - who consistently undervalue players - have Skipp at £15 mill. So, for a young, English player with EPL experience IRL (plus Levy tax) probably isn't far off the mark. As others have pointed out, salary is reality in the world of P$R. Has he moved for more money or more minutes?

• Like 1

Skip is one of those players who could get lost in a Spurs team, but here, with us likely to be having less of the ball, he will be like a Kante style of player, disruptive busy body. Energy in the midfield and he’s actually a better ball carrier than some give him credit for, he’s fairly quick so may be able to offer a driving force for us through the middle of the pitch. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

I think if we already signed a striker, people wouldn't be so Knee Jerk with this signing. 

Solid Player at this level, hopefully not at the expense of attacking players.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

passed medical, confirmed then. Hope to see a lot for 25 million.. quickly. I can only assume we have ££ for an striker now otherwise this makes no sense 

Yup. Expecting to see the wallet flashed for a forward and attacking mid considering some are happy on here with this Skipp signing 😎

1 hour ago, Gloria said:

Incidentally, Transfermarkt - who consistently undervalue players - have Skipp at £15 mill. So, for a young, English player with EPL experience IRL (plus Levy tax) probably isn't far off the mark. As others have pointed out, salary is reality in the world of P$R. Has he moved for more money or more minutes?

We are overpaying, but I don't think it's by that much, in all honesty. IF it's £20m + 5m. The extra £5m is likely heavily weighted on staying up for starters. 

He was in a team of the season in the championship when Norwich got promoted and rated very, very highly by their fans, and labelled as one of their main reasons for promotion. Off the back of a good championship season and what I thought was one poor and one middling premier league season, loads on here expected £40m+ for KDH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iran said:

Useless player and (more or less) useless signing for a position that really doesn't need prioritizing over a striker and/or #10.

So what happens if one of Winks or Ndidi gets injured? And Soumaré and Hamza clearly are not good enough. It leaves us with two central midfielders…… 

You sign players when they become available for the transfer, the club will be spinning multiple plates to get deals done they won’t just focus on one player at a time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

So what happens if one of Winks or Ndidi gets injured? And Soumaré and Hamza clearly are not good enough. It leaves us with two central midfielders…… 

You sign players when they become available for the transfer, the club will be spinning multiple plates to get deals done they won’t just focus on one player at a time. 

I would say there are huge question marks over Ndidi, he's not been near the same player for three years now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We are overpaying, but I don't think it's by that much, in all honesty. IF it's £20m + 5m. The extra £5m is likely heavily weighted on staying up for starters. 

He was in a team of the season in the championship when Norwich got promoted and rated very, very highly by their fans, and labelled as one of their main reasons for promotion. Off the back of a good championship season and what I thought was one poor and one middling premier league season, loads on here expected £40m+ for KDH

Exactly this. KDH’s career to date hasn’t been any better than Skipp’s. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Exactly this. KDH’s career to date hasn’t been any better than Skipp’s. 

I'd expect KDH to fetch more, being more eye-grabbing as a player who gets forward more. But he's also two years older, so we've got a few years of development in Skipp. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I would say there are huge question marks over Ndidi, he's not been near the same player for three years now. 

I agree, which is why I actually think CM and ST are our two top priorities. I think the CM role just gets overlooked a lot of the time because we need a 9. But the reality is, other than Winks, that CM looks very suspect. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I agree, which is why I actually think CM and ST are our two top priorities. I think the CM role just gets overlooked a lot of the time because we need a 9. But the reality is, other than Winks, that CM looks very suspect. 

Ndidi will more thank likely have a few weeks/months out injured at some point. I'm all for Skipp signing, he is the kind of player we haven't had in a while, doing the dirty work in midfield.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

He is a great signing, pathetic how some people are moaning about it. We got £35 million for KDH and he isn't anywhere near as good as Skipp

Two different players KDH is not a defensive midfielder..

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Two different players KDH is not a defensive midfielder..

Cant see KDH as an attacking midfielder in the premier league for Chelsea to be honest. Its more the money, bit expensive but compared to KDH a bargain