Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think we’ve got to just forget the KDH money for a second. This isn’t a replacement in any way, this is an addition to what is a worrying midfield! Skipp is viewed as a CDM, which is true, but my mate said he’s pretty quick, over the ground. He’s undoubtedly been purchased to ass much needed energy to the CM, it simply isn’t good enough otherwise, we can’t play a midfield three with the profiles we currently have, but I think Skipp can play that position. He is actually pretty nippy, I think he’s capable of those Kante like bursts from midfield to help progress through the middle of the park. 

We’re clearly still looking to prioritise a mother AM and a number 9, imagine if we lost one of Winks and Ndidi……. I can’t imagine what we would do? 

I think long term this is a good signing, nothing sexy about him, he’s an industrial player. Imagine the Mr. Reliable we need. 

It's not he KDH money I'm talking about, it's the midfielder profile I'm referring too. KDH is as close to the classic box to box type player there is. 

Energy is one thing, but from what I've seen in pre season, drive from the middle is something we've lacked. 

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Sub 30 points? Are you suggesting you think it’s possible we get deducted 30 points????

No? Less than 30 obviously, not minus 30 lol  

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's not he KDH money I'm talking about, it's the midfielder profile I'm referring too. KDH is as close to the classic box to box type player there is. 

Energy is one thing, but from what I've seen in pre season, drive from the middle is something we've lacked. 

I do think that’s something Skipp, the reason I think things he’s fairly quick and appeared relatively strong on the ball. He just probably hasn’t been asked to play this way. He doesn’t have the assists or goals however, but I think he will give us a bit of drive from the middle, and with the likes of Mavs, Abdul and Facundo we will have the finesse to complement this. (I hope) I think it will turn out to be a fairly clever signing long term. 

15 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Assume his "thinking" is to have a double pivot of Winks and Skipp, with Ndidi in the 10.lol

Yes possibly, Though I don't think NDiddi is good enough to play the 10 role. Winks on the other hand could with the other two behind him.

We should get some idea tonight of how Cooper's is planning to build the team.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Is that not the same for any signing ever made??

Yes but we're specifically talking about Skipp here.

Fair enough you have a different opinion. That's fine but don't make points that have nothing to do with our little disagreement.

:surrender:

1 minute ago, Levi Port said:

5 year deal on decent wages, 4 million a year on the books. 

Money isn’t the issue, ffp is and this ticks that box. It’s a good deal and singing. 

Your so happy your singing, nice

• Haha 2