Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

Already said earlier in the thread that winks and skipp midfield just won't work. It's not powerful enough, athletic enough, won't be creative or score enough. Especially in the premier League.

If he's coming into effectively rotate with winks then fair enough but It's a hard no from me especially when we have other glaring necessities and a poor budget. We are not in a position to waste money.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg

Just now, moore_94 said:

They aren’t 5 of the same type of midfielder though

Winks and Skipp are your ball playing / comfortable on the ball midfielders, Wilf and Hamza are “destroyers”, and Soumare is ass

i wouldnt call Skipp a ball player tbf, hes more in the bracket of destroyers, and i meant more defensive minded, compared to what we need

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

i wouldnt call Skipp a ball player tbf, hes more in the bracket of destroyers, and i meant more defensive minded, compared to what we need

I wouldn’t really call him much a complete destroyer though because although he has good numbers for tackles, he doesn’t intercept, so does he just sit in the middle rather than try to cut off passing lanes etc.?

Edited by moore_94

I would say he’s a lot more progressive with the ball & possibly more athletic than winks.

Im not against it at all, just a bit underwhelming, unless it’s a replacement for bouba.

I feel our priorities need to be AM, LB, ST though.

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

"should" you know who does the deals, he'll be looking for 90mil for soumare

other positions are needed more than skipp imo

I agree that we need other positions more, but he's still better than anybody else we could play there. If we can get it done for a reasonable price, I'd say do it.

Just now, moore_94 said:

I wouldn’t really call him much of a destroyer though because although he has good numbers for interceptions, he doesn’t really tackle

hes certainly more the defensive midfielder than the attack minded we need; or even box to box

I definitely think we do need a new signing for that pivot, as I despise the idea that an injury to Winks means we have to use 2 of Wilf, Hamza, and Soumare

Main problem I have with Skipp is that I can’t see us getting him on loan, and if we are paying a fee for someone go get Mandela Keita ffs

Literally perfect for what we need (I will keep championing this signing until he goes somewhere else or until we sign someone else)

IMG_9763.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If it's a loan and Soumare is off then fine, but I still don't think he's all that. He'll be on decent wages as well, we are so baffling.

spurs aren’t big payers 

he signed his deal in 2022 when he was 21

i reckon he’s earning max 40k 

we could probably get him for 60k if we’re prepared to give him an viable exit via a reasonable release clause 

he’s more decent than most appreciate cos he’s not had enough game time there. he’s not top six levels. But he’s more than good enough for us. 
as far as having too many players for positions is concerned, I’m rather hoping that we see a team playing with real intensity which means we need to rotate more than we have become used to. 

• Like 1

I’ve never really paid attention to Skipp. Might be a steady signing. Does he carry the ball well ? I feel we will miss that without KDH.

My question though is what exactly are we paying Glover for ? Surely, as we approach the final week of the window, our head scout is not recommending that the only individual we “accelerate” for is a Spurs reserve who we could’ve got quite easily at the start of the window - jury definitely still out on Glover given his disastrous January window last time. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ve never really paid attention to Skipp. Might be a steady signing. Does he carry the ball well ? I feel we will miss that without KDH.

My question though is what exactly are we paying Glover for ? Surely, as we approach the final week of the window, our head scout is not recommending that the only individual we “accelerate” for is a Spurs reserve who we could’ve got quite easily at the start of the window - jury definitely still out on Glover given his disastrous January window last time. 

I presume we have changed targets for Cooper and his preference for "prem experience"

1 minute ago, Heathrow fox said:

Always got Winks and Skipp mixed up so this would be ideal

Me too and didn't rate either of them when they were both at Spurs so hoping Skipp proves me as wrong as Winks has!

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just doing his own spin on the Mokbel story for his own engagement/likes with credit

I don't understand how Fab profits from it. 

How does engagement, ie people liking and replying to his tweets make him money? Does he sometimes promote like mens razors or whatever? 

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I presume we have changed targets for Cooper and his preference for "prem experience"

I think you’re right but it then begs the question why our biggest bids this summer have been for Soule, Fotis and Hzolek - none of which have PL experience!

19 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

so if we get skipp, we'd basically have what 5 of the same type of midfielder

Winks, Ndidi, Hamza, Soumare then of course Skipp

like come on man, seriously, we need another creative midfielder not a another defensive minded one

Hamza shouldn’t be anywhere near playing in the prem, Soumare is off and Ndidi at best these days is a back up. Winks / Skipp is a solid pivot 

• Like 3

Likely to be a number of times where he’ll pick 3 x DMs so we will need depth in this position. Surely not even Rudderlesskin would be going for this instead of attacking options so as long as we are on with other business it’s a decent signing. He’ll strengthen our first XI and is a decent player who’s got plenty of minutes in a team and squad way way better than ours.