Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

Just now, Ashley said:

This is almost like damage limitations. 

Almost like the club have expected relegation this season, trying not to spend big amounts. Building a squad for the Championship that will compete and go again in a few years time when finances etc are in order 

Even then our squad isn't great for the championship? 

Had we signed players who'd excelled last season or young, talented prem players who need experience and a chance to start somewhere the maybe I'd agree 

what is the actual point? the dude is not creative in the slightest and we've got a severe deficiency of midfielders who know where the goal is or can find the forwards (also got a severe deficiency of forwards too)

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Even then our squad isn't great for the championship? 

Had we signed players who'd excelled last season or young, talented prem players who need experience and a chance to start somewhere the maybe I'd agree 

This squad at the moment would be very good in the Championship with a decent enough manager

Call me optimistic but I reckon he will be the 1st of at least 3-4 through the door in the next week or so

Probably be seen as desperate signings but I have a feeling we will go in for Danny Ings and I have no idea why 🤣

There’s a name on page 10 of this thread started 16th June by Happy Fox which is a mirror image for comments with the amount of 😂 emoji’s, god no’s, this club, not what we need etc etc’s he turned out alright in the end.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm not so sure. 

Defensively yes, offensively, no

Assuming we keep them:

Winks Skipp

Fatawu Reid Mavididi

Cannon

Would be good in the Championship

Add 1 year of development for Alves and another season in the Championship for Cannon on loan as well

A good manager gets a team with that attack in at least the playoffs

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

£14mil on Oliver Skipp, we might genuinely be the worst run club in the league.

Let's not overreact. If it is £14m, It's not a bad fee at all for his profile of player given he is young, home grown and is rated decently by Spurs. Most people here would have no issue dropping a similar fee on someone like Gus Hamer.

Edit, if it's over £20m, that is steep.

Edited by martyn

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

This squad at the moment would be very good in the Championship with a decent enough manager

If we got relegated the club would cash in on Mads, Fatawu, and would Mavididi want to be here after tasting top flight football?

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Call me optimistic but I reckon he will be the 1st of at least 3-4 through the door in the next week or so

Probably be seen as desperate signings but I have a feeling we will go in for Danny Ings and I have no idea why 🤣

Isn't Danny Ings on £125,000 a week? One of West Ham's highest paid players? 

Sounds like Rudkin to a tee. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

If we got relegated the club would cash in on Mads, Fatawu, and would Mavididi want to be here after tasting top flight football?

That is why I said THIS SQUAD AT THE MOMENT

If we sold them it wouldn’t be this squad at the moment would it?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sell Soumare for £10m and Skipp in for £14m whilst more than I'd want to pay isn't the end of the world. We still need a striker and another attacking midfielder/left winger which surely costs us £30-35m

He'll leave on loan on deadline day again, it's about time we learnt how how to move players on