Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

If it was £10m now and £10m is we stay up, then he's only going to cost £10m. Which is nice.

Can't believe we've just dropped £20m for an injury prone central midfielder when we have so many holes all over the pitch.

It just shows that nobody wants to come here.

Just now, Finnegan said:

I honestly think the AI on football manager makes better signings than us this year. 

This is the kind of deal you do on FM when you are the Spurs manager and add another manager to buy your players for stupid fees

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Dreadful signing. Genuinely not what we need.

You can’t expect Winks and Ndidi to play full 90’s every game like we did last season - we will need at least one if not two midfielders to come on at the 60-75 minute mark every game.

Said it all summer that we needed an alternative for Winks, we needed one last season too, hence why we tried to sign Sensi. 

Do fans really want Soumare and Choudhury as viable midfield options this season, because I certainly don’t. 

Other positions should be priority, but we also lack depth in central midfield, Skipp is the type of signing you expect a newly promoted club to make. 

If Cooper starts Winks and Skipp together though, then he’s off his rocker. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Even then our squad isn't great for the championship? 

Had we signed players who'd excelled last season or young, talented prem players who need experience and a chance to start somewhere the maybe I'd agree 

More the core areas than anything mate and a foundation to go again.

Just now, Craig said:

What on earth are we up to

Panic stricken… we’ve obviously been interested for ages as the rumours have been about a while. We’ve failed to get a number of transfers over the line for whatever reason and now we’ve had to bite the bullet and pay what the other club asked to progress a deal. 

Im not sure why the outrage though to be honest, it’s more than I would have liked. But  we were paying £8-£10m for Ulloa a decade ago. We paid £14m for a winger after one decent season and even that price was agreed before he’d kicked a ball, Players cost a lot of money. Especially if you want people used to playing premier league football in this country.

• Like 1