Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Spoke to my mate who’s a spud. Really rates him. I think Cooper could to use a mix of formations this season, Skipp is experienced and a proper work horse. Like I’ve said, this season isn’t about refined football, we’re going to need to be hard to beat, and a bit rough around the edges….. Skipp will give us this. I’d much prefer Skipp as part of a midfield three with Winks and Ndidi over ****ing Hamza. The lad from Brighton will give us an extra creative dimension, but we’re probably worse off defensively, and Skipp will provide added cover for that. 

Id be happy with this signing. 

Nailed it. An actual measured/balanced view! 

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Hamer got 11 goals and 10 assists in his last full season in the champ, Skipp got 1 goal and 2 assists as Norwich won the league.

Totally different players obviously but clearly the stats you’ve said are why people would want Hamer - we really need some creativity in this team

Is Skipp better than Soumare, Choudhury and Braybrooke (who could end up being great)? Yes.

Are we softer centred than a strawberry cream roses chocolate at your aunties on boxing day? yes we are.

on that basis its good business.

doesnt mean we dont need 2 or 3 more players..

if it frees Winks, Ndidi, Buonanotte to get the ball out to Mavi and Fatawu then im all for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Gronbaek £11m, Oliver Skipp £20m + 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

got to remember Ric, this club dont seem capable to scouting in certain markets, 

so many uncut gems out there we just pass on them like idiots

7 minutes ago, kingpower said:

If we can get £10m+ for Soumaré in the next 2 weeks then will feel better about this deal 

Soumare apparently wants to go to Roma and there is interest.  I don't believe Leicester will have offered £20m up front so on that assumption this looks fine IMO

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

got to remember Ric, this club dont seem capable to scouting in certain markets, 

so many uncut gems out there we just pass on them like idiots

Uncut gems don’t always hit the ground running straight away, if at all. Skipp is young with good Premier League experience at a top 6 club. 

I think Skipp is quite underrated and has a decent ceiling once he gets a run of games, but - to sign him and spend this money on him before getting a proper KDH replacement and a new striker is beyond stupid. I don’t understand the priority order here at all. 

My post came before I saw the £20 million valuation rumour, I don’t mind Skipp, but surely we haven’t banged £20 million on him outright, he’s a player I’d probably value at between £10-15 million. Anything higher then Levy has done a proper number on us. 

• Like 1

Given Ornstein is a London based football correspondent, you can guarantee the headline fee has come from the Spurs camp.

The £20 million amount is also listed as the ‘total amount’ - so i suspect there might be a bit of totting up everything in that fee reveal. 

I imagine there’s quite a bit of structure to the deal with the upfront amount being a lot less - but at the cost of more in terms of fee for appearances, fee for avoiding relegation etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

I think Skipp is quite underrated and has a decent ceiling once he gets a run of games, but - to sign him and spend this money on him before getting a proper KDH replacement and a new striker is beyond stupid. I don’t understand the priority order here at all. 

Other targets for the positions we need, might not be available right now. I’m sure we will sign players in those positions before the end of the window. 

Seems like a lot of money for him. Had a look on the Spurs forum and many of them say he's not the same player since a major injury and has lost all of his athleticism.