Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

Athletic 

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Oliver Skipp from Tottenham Hotspur on a permanent transfer.

The 23-year-old midfielder is set to undergo a medical today (Sunday) ahead of the proposed move for a fee in excess of £20million.

The deal is viewed as a good deal all round by the parties involved.

Skipp made 24 appearances in all competitions for Spurs last season but was predominantly used as a substitute by Ange Postecoglou.

The Tottenham academy graduate’s contract at Spurs runs until 2027.

He broke into the first team in 2018 and has made 106 appearances for the club.

Skipp spent the 2020-21 season on loan at Norwich City and played 47 times for the Championship side.

Spurs have strengthened in midfield this summer with the signing of Archie Gray from Leeds, while Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg has departed for Marseille.

Leicester, meanwhile, lost midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea this summer ahead of their return to the Premier League.

A move to Leicester would see Skipp join up with fellow Spurs academy graduate Harry Winks in Steve Cooper’s midfield.

Tottenham and Leicester meet on Monday in the pair’s opening game of the Premier League season.

Skipp, 2 goals and 3 assists in 153 career appearances 

Soumare, 1 goal and 6 assists in 205 apps.

Winks, 7 goals and 6 assists in 267.

Choudhury, 2 goals and 3 assists in 190.

Ndidi, 22 goals and 18 assists in 340.

Boiled chicken midfield 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The fee could be made up if anything, could be £15m and the rest made up with clauses. Absolutely pointless going on about.

I was thinking this….how often does the price quoted by any source ever turn out to be accurate?

Skipp is a decent PL midfielder and we could do a lot worse and if this was being touted along with a couple of attacking additions that improved our starting 11 surely most would take that??

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What we doing then ? replacement for Hamza/Nididi ?

Expect he will be instead of those 2 in a pivot with Winks

There won't be any "creativity" from them

Skipp is a bit more of a tackler, Winks is a bit more of a passer

We still need someone else in front of them 2 (and personally I don't think that should be Buonanotte as first choice)

image.png.761a624eb0e885f51d48a93990b04760.pngimage.png.f23845dd4f87cc805cc6cf51cc3eef9f.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

I was thinking this….how often does the price quoted by any source ever turn out to be accurate?

Skipp is a decent PL midfielder and we could do a lot worse and if this was being touted along with a couple of attacking additions that improved our starting 11 surely most would take that??

Depends on how this affects anymore signings, if it’s utilised the remaining transfer budget that then leaves us short on other areas it’s not great. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Make no signings - moan

Sign players - moan

Ndidi is injury prone, Hamza isnt PL level. We need somebody to do the donkey work  in there.

Skipp also isnt PL level. Will be a good player for us next season in the Championship though :thumbup:

I think this is a decent signing, although it sounds like it might be on the expensive side if the 20m is correct, although I suspect that includes add-ons like staying up, which is unlikely! 

A central midfield of ndidi, winks and skipp sounds solid, but not very attacking. It'll be interesting to see if he ever plays those three together.

14 minutes ago, Viva said:

Uncut gems don’t always hit the ground running straight away, if at all. Skipp is young with good Premier League experience at a top 6 club. 

might be the case but we are spending alot of money on a player whos "premier league" experience isnt all that great, hes never really been a starter or nailed on 11 for them,

its alot of money on a player we arent desperately needing unlike a striker and number 10

15 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

got to remember Ric, this club dont seem capable to scouting in certain markets, 

so many uncut gems out there we just pass on them like idiots

Didn’t we sign our keeper from that league literally last season?

For every uncut gem that works, there are a dozen that turn out to be cubic zirconia. All signings have risks. 

And by the sounds of it the manager wanted a good core of players from this country.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Expect he will be instead of those 2 in a pivot with Winks

There won't be any "creativity" from them

Skipp is a bit more of a tackler, Winks is a bit more of a passer

We still need someone else in front of them 2 (and personally I don't think that should be Buonanotte as first choice)

image.png.761a624eb0e885f51d48a93990b04760.pngimage.png.f23845dd4f87cc805cc6cf51cc3eef9f.png

you said he was a baller players:ph34r:

Deal makes sense until it comes in over 20m. That is silly money. He won’t be on cheap wages either. As this would have been leaked by spurs, I would imagine it would be including of all add ons but still feels like too much. Should have just got Josh brownhill for quarter of the price if we wanted that kind of player. 

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Depends on how this affects anymore signings, if it’s utilised the remaining transfer budget that then leaves us short on other areas it’s not great. 

That’s how I felt about Okoli so totally understand that sentiment mate.

It’s painfully obvious how the window is going to pan out isn’t it?

We’ll pick up Fofana (not little Wes) on loan from Chelsea as we lack such creativity as a club.

Raid the Championship would have been my model but we appear to be too arrogant to do such a thing.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Didn’t we sign our keeper from that league literally last season?

For every uncut gem that works, there are a dozen that turn out to be cubic zirconia. All signings have risks. 

And by the sounds of it the manager wanted a good core of players from this country.

aye we did, for a decent price too, what gripes me is we dont even seem to look at certain regions, but thats another topic for another day