Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

36 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

You can’t expect Winks and Ndidi to play full 90’s every game like we did last season - we will need at least one if not two midfielders to come on at the 60-75 minute mark every game.

See earlier post. That's fine but we don't have a lot of money to spend when we have glaring need of creative players up top 

15 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Athletic 

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign Oliver Skipp from Tottenham Hotspur on a permanent transfer.

The 23-year-old midfielder is set to undergo a medical today (Sunday) ahead of the proposed move for a fee in excess of £20million.

The deal is viewed as a good deal all round by the parties involved.

Skipp made 24 appearances in all competitions for Spurs last season but was predominantly used as a substitute by Ange Postecoglou.

The Tottenham academy graduate’s contract at Spurs runs until 2027.

He broke into the first team in 2018 and has made 106 appearances for the club.

Skipp spent the 2020-21 season on loan at Norwich City and played 47 times for the Championship side.

Spurs have strengthened in midfield this summer with the signing of Archie Gray from Leeds, while Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg has departed for Marseille.

Leicester, meanwhile, lost midfielder Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea this summer ahead of their return to the Premier League.

A move to Leicester would see Skipp join up with fellow Spurs academy graduate Harry Winks in Steve Cooper’s midfield.

Tottenham and Leicester meet on Monday in the pair’s opening game of the Premier League season.

In excess of 20m!!

• Haha 1

If the price is right then I think this would be a good singing. 12-15 would be fair but spurs will want 20 and that really frustrating because I think we will pay it.

I remember when Winks came in and we all slated it. (Myself included) it became apparent very early on that he was clearly better than most of our squad and just seemed to be the next level up. I think if skipp comes in it could be similar impact. If could free up all of our attacking players as well. We obviously need some more attacking players but a midfield 2 of skipp and winks is going to be solid platform. Good signing depending on certain conditions:

1. we pay 15m max 

2. we strengthen in attacking areas 

3. We can shift out soumare 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

See earlier post. That's fine but we don't have a lot of money to spend when we have glaring need of creative players up top 

Well that’s why we’re dumping £10 million on Ayew! 

But seriously - I think the reality of the fee will be a lot different and that maybe we’ve paid a premium in total possible fee in order to stager the upfront cost.

Maybe say, £5 million up front, a further £7 million across the length of his contract, then appearance, avoiding relegation bonuses, plus a sell on clause.

Clever from LCFC, significantly weaken Spurs on the eve of the match…

Only joking, Skipp might be a sensible signing if a little uninspiring from a creativity perspective. Not only is he a better footballer to support Winks than Ndidi and Hamza, he’s also better to be the pivot replacement for when Winks is unavailable. Not sure what it means in terms of Hamza this season though. It’s does however leave us still very short creatively. Buonanotte looks like our only option as clearly the boss doesn’t fancy Alves for whatever reason. The Brighton lad will definitely miss two games against his parent club (hate that rule) and will pick up an injury at some point. At 19 he can’t be relied on alone anyway. 

Skipp, Winks, Ndidi might just be the most boring non scoring non creative midfield in the history of ever. £5 to £10m ok not bad but £20m?????? Absolute pisstake. So for 5m more we could have had Carvalho, apparently we couldn't afford Nelson, were unwilling to pay more to borrow Zaha, didn't want to pay for Hlozek upfront but now we buy this nothing average midfielder for £20m????? I give up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Good signing but 20m (if true) is a joke, way too much. 

It will be £20m with add-ons which, if met, mean he's worth every penny.

We sold Timothy Castagne for £15m. If we're only looking at cheap players they'll either be old, broken or crap.

He's a good signing. The negativity on here is just ridiculous sometimes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Same compkaints were made a yesr ago when we signed Winks

Not really. Winks was half the price and we were in the league below. And last year we better attacking options than we currently do which is a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyBoy said:

I’m sorry…. Some of the reactions on here are blue tinted beyond belief. Yes 20 mil is a lot of coin but he played a lot of matches for a top 6 prem team last year.. he is a mid table prem player being realistic, we are a 18-20th prem team, i’m surprised he has agreed to come to us.

People need to wake up from 2016 and realise we are not the draw we once were. As long as still have money for a striker I don’t mind this at all I this it is a good signing 

People havent neceessarily got an issue with the player it's the fact we have hardly any decent scoring options and have signed a MF for 20m when our budget isn't big. This kind of money needed to be dropped on a player who can potentially get 10-15 goals.

Think the signing would be viewed a bit more positively against the backdrop of having already signed quality attacking reinforcements rather than the farce that has transpired so far.

Pressure now on the club to get some genuine attacking quality through the door. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

He's a good signing. The negativity on here is just ridiculous sometimes.

Outrage sells it seems lol

Edited by Tuna