Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Not sure what it means in terms of Hamza this season though. It’s does however leave us still very short creatively.

It’s does however leave us still very short creatively. Buonanotte looks like our only option as clearly the boss doesn’t fancy Alves for whatever reason.

The Brighton lad will definitely miss two games against his parent club (hate that rule) and will pick up an injury at some point.

At 19 he can’t be relied on alone anyway. 

I wouldn’t say that - he’s clearly involved with the first team, but you don’t just chuck a kid with limited first team experience into a side.

You grow his involvement bit by bit, give him scenarios where he doesn’t have to think too much, he just goes on and plays his game. 

Alves - assuming he stays fit - will get increasing amounts of game time as the season goes on.

• Like 1

If it means we don’t have to see Hamza or Soumare next to Winks again then it will be worth it.

I’ve not seen him play but hopefully it will allow Winks to push up further and quicker to get the ball to Mavadidi and Fatawu so they don’t have to keep dropping back to the halfway line with backs to goal, waiting for overlaps that never come. 

Very happy with this signing. I think a midfield with him and winks will be solid when it comes to business end. 20mill a little on expensive side but it is needed and instantly improves our first 11. Need a LB and then attacking loans. 

Good player but if we’ve used a significant portion of our budget on an area that doesn’t need an immediate fix then what are we doing?

LB, CAM, ST all areas that need sorting and if we now don’t have the budget to do so then it’s incredibly frustrating.

Time will tell but £20m is a lot 

• Like 1

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

I dunno just a thought, maybe wait and see how he plays in this team and then judge if he is worth the money? 

It just feels the same meltdown on here like when we brought in Winks and he hasnt turned out too bad. 

There's no point in forums if you can't speculate though!

He could prove to be a brilliant signing but on the face of things we appear to be overpaying for a player that doesn't really solve any of our glaring weaknesses. And it's not the first time this has happened in this window! 

Gut feeling is that we are being taken for mugs whilst all other relegation candidates are making smart deals that strengthen their chances, whilst also making wise financial decisions (not that anyone would expect that at lcfc anymore)

Looks like we are blowing pretty much our entire summer budget on a CB and a CDM, neither of whom are obviously better than what we have. Meantime, we're relying on a 19 year old loan signing to be our sole creative midfielder and we don't have a single striker under the age of 37 who looks PL ready. 

• Like 1

Decent player but we need to shift Soumare and possibly Hamza now as we now have Skipp, Winks and Ndidi who are non creative deeper midfielders. Need a more creative centre mid for competition for Buonanotte plus a striker and a left back. Another winger also wouldn't go a miss but we'll probably stick with Mavi and Fatawu with BDC and Mcateer as back up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingpower said:

In excess of £20m!!!

Levy laughing to the bank 

WTF!!!?

IMG_6355.jpeg

hopefully that includes wages, signing on fee, Netflix subscription, ect…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Helps spurs with PSR, then later down the road they will return the favour and pay over the odds for one of our players. :dunno:

As soon as I saw the pretty suspicious figure of £20mill I immediately wondered which of our young players we're selling to them for 10-15 mill.

McAteer?

• Like 1

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I wouldn’t say that - he’s clearly involved with the first team, but you don’t just chuck a kid with limited first team experience into a side.

You grow his involvement bit by bit, give him scenarios where he doesn’t have to think too much, he just goes on and plays his game. 

Alves - assuming he stays fit - will get increasing amounts of game time as the season goes on.

He was massively under-used in pre season. Got token minutes at the soft end of the games when all the subs had been made and the minutes were being played out. Cooper then signs a lad the same age, but one who had actually been trusted significant game time by his parent club to play in his position. Doesn’t exactly send positive signals to Alves or the fans. If Alves is good enough (and I think he is) and when it’s clear we are struggling to buy creativity, he should be a much bigger priority within the squad. 

Feel like the club has been dying to give someone £20 million this year and now Spurs have finally obliged. Im sorry but he is no way near mobile enough for me. Good passer but a bit of a carthorse. Norwich fans liked him when he was on loan so hopefully he will prove us all wrong

Edited by South Shire Fox

19 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

It will be £20m with add-ons which, if met, mean he's worth every penny.

We sold Timothy Castagne for £15m. If we're only looking at cheap players they'll either be old, broken or crap.

He's a good signing. The negativity on here is just ridiculous sometimes.

it'd be more positive if we'd got our necessary business done. like on the face of it, Skipp is a good signing for a newly promoted club. However, it has to include the context that we've got PSR issues and currently have a 21 year old who played 431 minutes in the championship last season as our only fit striker, and a 19 year old loanee as our only attacking midfielder

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 4