Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Doubtful this is knee jerk, was rumoured early in the window, just coming to fruition I am assuming.

The thread was started on July 17th.  That's some knackered knees to take this long for a reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we are aiming to be secure in midfield and defence, it is not the worst idea in the world, but how we score or even create looks very dependent upon wide areas.

Or maybe this signals what so many have been screaming for, Bouba go bye bye :dunno:

If we are going creative in wide areas primarily, then Viktor needs to go to and be replaced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would've rather we chuck mid 20's at them for both 

Don't count it out!

Just had a quick check. He's on 70k a week at Spurs, almost double Skipps wage.  Maybe not.  Though he's only got a year left.

Edited by JimJams

39 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

I’m sorry…. Some of the reactions on here are blue tinted beyond belief. Yes 20 mil is a lot of coin but he played a lot of matches for a top 6 prem team last year.. he is a mid table prem player being realistic, we are a 18-20th prem team, i’m surprised he has agreed to come to us.

People need to wake up from 2016 and realise we are not the draw we once were. As long as still have money for a striker I don’t mind this at all I this it is a good signing 

& how is still having the money for a striker of any use whatsoever when we don’t have a midfielder capable of getting the ball to him? Skip would be a slight upgrade on choudhury, nothing more.

33 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Looks like we are blowing pretty much our entire summer budget on a CB and a CDM, neither of whom are obviously better than what we have. Meantime, we're relying on a 19 year old loan signing to be our sole creative midfielder and we don't have a single striker under the age of 37 who looks PL ready. 

We aren't.

This has been sorted for a while, its only not done because we are playing Spurs.

We have been for attacking players, I suspect we will spend 30m-40m after this.

Edited by coolhandfox

Just now, JimJams said:

The thread was started on July 17th.  That's some knackered knees to take this long for a reaction.

If someone has been jerking on my knees for this long, I better be in line for a big pay day.

16 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He was massively under-used in pre season. Got token minutes at the soft end of the games when all the subs had been made and the minutes were being played out. Cooper then signs a lad the same age, but one who had actually been trusted significant game time by his parent club to play in his position. Doesn’t exactly send positive signals to Alves or the fans. If Alves is good enough (and I think he is) and when it’s clear we are struggling to buy creativity, he should be a much bigger priority within the squad. 

You’re talking about a player that’s yet to make a professional appearance.

The best way to ruin a young talent is to heap too much on them too early.

You have to nurture talent, put them in situations you feel they can cope with, ones that don’t require much thinking; ones that build confidence - and being involved in the first team setup and getting 10/15 minutes here and there across pre-season will be have been a massive boost to him.

We’re tipped for relegation - so you can’t shove the lad into the starting 11 now and add the teams expectation of beating relegation onto his shoulders - the focus he needs is to just play and play without fear, so that will be selected minutes off the bench to start with.

The signing of Buonanotte shouldn’t be seen as a negative either.

It’s a temporary move so if Alves shows he is capable of taking on more later in the season, he will get more and more minutes; but in the meantime Facundo will give Alves a direct comparison in training of the sort of levels he needs to reach.

Just now, ozvaldo said:

£20m+ ???

Surely we could have got Szmodics + a creative midfielder for that? 

Yes, that is exactly how the real world works, transfers is just like Amazon.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Reminds me of when i went Aldi and did all my bunce on a mig welder from the middle aisle and the wife went berserk as I'd only enough for some crisps and super noodles for the kids. So negative at times.

Welder every time.....

Decent signing, English, 23, Premier League experience, in my opinion, back 5 Ricardo, Faes,Vesty New signing ,Justin,mid four Fatawu, Winks Skipp Mav

admit a new striker would improve us, but that has a fair sprinkling of international players……

3 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Decent signing, English, 23, Premier League experience, in my opinion, back 5 Ricardo, Faes,Vesty New signing ,Justin,mid four Fatawu, Winks Skipp Mav

admit a new striker would improve us, but that has a fair sprinkling of international players……

That team is dreadful 🤣

Just asked my Spuds supporting brother about Skipp, and says very similar to Winks, more of a holding midfielder than box to box, says he will be good for us, didn’t really fit with Ange’s playing style at Spurs. 

At 23 he is a solid acquisition with plenty of opportunity to push on and in 2/3 years could well be sold on for a decent profit.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Could be a decent acquisition, but for that price >_<

IMG_0414.jpeg

Oh dear god.