Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Ah, and you know better than the spurs fans who say he is?

Half of Spurs fans that I can see are celebrating like it's Christmas, the other half are saying "he's a Spurs supporter like us who managed to live our dream" like he's a competition winner. Ill take the opinions of the majority over your one mate thanks.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Miss out on signings that are needed and would improve us - criticise (justifiably)

Make overpriced signings in areas that we don't need and won't markably improve us - criticise (also justifiably) 

Fixed it for you.

When Ndidi gets his first 6 week injury of the season in September and Hamza's doing his headless chicken impression tell me we don't need him and doesnt improve us.

Missing out on other signings makes no difference to this one.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Guest said:

Midfield three of Winks, Skipp and Ndidi = goals and creativity galore. Not sure why we're looking at strikers actually because literally anyone could score a bucket load with those three supplying the ammunition. £20m+ sounds a VERY reasonable fee for someone of his extravagant talent and I think the fact we've managed to negotiate it down to such a bargain price point reflects very well on the Club and, more importantly, its Director of Football. I am so excited for the new season!

Nice try Mrs R🙄

I'm okay with the signing generally, especially as we are threadbare in terms of midfield quality.

But "in excess of £20m", according to the BBC? What the hell is Rudkin playing at.

People on hear think anyone who hates this price is overreacting...I promise you that's the bulk of what we're spending our remaining budget on. There's zero reason otherwise we didn't go for the Greek bloke, Fabio, and anyone else we were in for!

I’m feeling as negative about the season as anyone but for those melting down over the media saying ‘excess of £20mill’, bear in mind they are London centric media who will be trying to pass this off as good of a deal as possible for Spurs.

Also, total cost could come to excess of £20mill but might include unrealistic conditions such as if we stay up. If we did, he probably becomes worth it.

Going to next season, he will probably be a very good option for us in the Championship.

Id like us to sign a goal threat like Hamer as well (would likely replace KDH’s numvers), but Skipp is decent.

8 minutes ago, Guest said:

Thanks mate I was really hoping you'd give me your blessing. After all, if I think Skipp isn't a very good signing and there's not enough creativity or goals in the team, the natural conclusion would be to change which team I support

I looked at your post history, all you do is moan and direct hate at my club.

I think a "fan" should support their club. You seem to hate Leicester more than a Forest fan would.

FWIW, in addition to this good signing we're clearly still in the market for more wingers / strikers. That's on top of attacking signings in the last 12 months like Fatawu, Mavididi, Buononatte, Decordova and Cannon (as well as extending Vardy's contract).

But yeah just moan and whinge. That will help :appl:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

When Ndidi gets his first 6 week injury of the season in September and Hamza's doing his headless chicken impression tell me we don't need him and doesnt improve us.

Missing out on other signings makes no difference to this one.

Apart from the fact it takes up a senior squad place that would be better used elsewhere?

Spurs mate said good signing… but £20 mill is typical Levy, he squeezes every penny and our soft as s*** director will bow down to his demands. 

Smells of championship but we are probably going down anyway, especially if both points deductions go through