Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

1 minute ago, Foxes BC said:

More money being spent on a position on the pitch that didn't need strengthening

The fee seems exorbitant but it's definitely a position we needed strengthening.

Yeah a striker is a priority but if the deal is there and he's a player we've identified as someone who can make a proper difference then it'd be silly not to do it on the off chance we can panic buy a striker we haven't scouted properly, for example.

We need strengthening all over the pitch, really, in my opinion, so we have to do the deals we can do. I think he can be a positive signing. Energetic, decent on the ball, can play alongside or instead of Winks.

It's just the fee that's less than ideal imo.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

aye we did, for a decent price too, what gripes me is we dont even seem to look at certain regions, but thats another topic for another day

I agree it’s something that needs improving, but we’ve tried to sign plenty of highly rated players. People scoff now but Daka and Soumare for two were highly thought of by quite a few.

If the manager wants a British core, then so be it. I’m not against that, I mean how could anyone be. Pearson did the same and we won three leagues thanks to that thinking in part.

But I think perhaps the profile of player from this country is up for debate.

Can’t wait to find out by the end of the window we had the budget for a couple of good players and we have spent it all on Skipp and Okoli

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

I was thinking this….how often does the price quoted by any source ever turn out to be accurate?

Skipp is a decent PL midfielder and we could do a lot worse and if this was being touted along with a couple of attacking additions that improved our starting 11 surely most would take that??

You usually end up getting two figures… one the selling club leak and one the buying club leak. You’ll probably get a Percy article soon saying the “price is thought to be up to £20.5m with considerable add ons”. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Sorry @Guest I'm being an arsehole. Taking out my frustrations due to a lack of sleep with a 4-week-old baby on you! 

But I wish our fans would support the club more. I love the club and it's hard reading such constant negativity.

Too few signings, moan. Make a signing, moan. Moan about Maresca, moan about his replacement. Complain about everything, even weeks after winning a league.

But it's unfair to take my frustrations (exacerbated by personal circumstances) on you. Sorry!

Mate honestly don't worry about it. My nose and ears (and brain) are ****ed so I can sympathise with not being able to sleep, it's a pain in the arse.

I do a lot of whining but only when I think there is something worth whining about, and if I think something is positive I will be positive about it - I was right behind Enzo for instance and I thought the level of negativity about his style/philosophy/whatever was absurd. I wish I could be more optimistic about the season and the future in general, and I do hope that over the next couple of weeks we see stuff on and off the pitch to inspire that optimism.

Fingers crossed Steve and the boys can defy my expectations and give Spurs a good seeing to for you and your little one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

Will be basically 5mil per season not as bad when you think about it like that 

This is where I don’t understand claims from people like Tanner that talk about transfer budgets, is that viewed from a PSR perspective for example Winks would take £5m out of the budget or would it be £20m out of this years budget from a club perspective. 

Anyone that has a better idea on this, please help me understand lol 

It's pretty clear Cooper wants 2 CM's sitting in front of the back 4. A combination of Skipp/Winks/Ndidi/Hamza/Braybrooke is fine IMO, as long as we have the right 4 playing in front of them. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Surely we’re best off using this level of resources elsewhere? A first team striker comes to mind?

Another Daka or a Musa perhaps. lol 

To be honest, it might be prudent to loan a half decent striker as we, I believe the term is, suck ass at recruiting strikers post Vardy.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Best thing about that fee is I feel that figure will mean we will continue to pursue Ayew as well lol 

That a given mate. Ayew is happening, might as well make peace with it now. 

• Like 1

"Jon? Daniel here. We're trying to offlo... sell one of our asse...ts. Skippy. We were thinking £10 million." 

"Cheers, Daniel. How does 20 million sound instead?" 

"Well, if you insist. Plus add-ons of course."

"Of course. Where do we sign?" 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd