Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Pretty much where I stand on it, too – anything around £10m and I think it'd be a quietly steady piece of business. North of that and it's a no thanks, I see he's been linked elsewhere for £20m+ which should be a complete no go for us.

£20m+ would be a major yikes from me. Interestingly I see that Leeds and Norwich have also been linked with him. In some ways that's a concern as it makes me think he's more of a top end Championship player, but at the same time it makes me think the price would be more reasonable if they are linked.

I was initially not keen on Winks, but was won over very quickly indeed. Skipp has looked pretty decent to me the few times I've seen him, and he was being touted as being a first team player and possible future captain at one point. They've since used Bissouma and Sarr instead of him, but just like Winks that doesn't make him a bad player. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Pretty much where I stand on it, too – anything around £10m and I think it'd be a quietly steady piece of business. North of that and it's a no thanks, I see he's been linked elsewhere for £20m+ which should be a complete no go for us.

It's pretty obvious what his price should be - c.£10m would be a very reasonable fee - but with some of the deals going on this summer at ridiculous prices you can't blame Spurs if they try and push their luck. If they ask for anything north of £15m I'd hope we just walk away without bothering to negotiate and don't let ourselves get sucked in...

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Nothing in this seems sensible to me. Would obviously mean Braybrooke is not seen as a current option. Yes we need cover for Winks but I think Ndidi can do that if needed. 

Love watching Ndidi playing deep and coming to receive the ball from defenders under pressure. It was my favourite part of the relegation season.

• Sad 1

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Love watching Ndidi playing deep and coming to receive the ball from defenders under pressure. It was my favourite part of the relegation season.

My assumption is that we will move away from that under Cooper. Especially if Winks wasn't available. Also got Choudhury to fill in an emergency. 

If we've got money to spend, it should be used elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Winks and Wilf in a pivot

Skipp back up for Winks, and Hamza backup for Wilf

Bin off Soumare, loan out Braybrooke

I would love Braybrooke to be the back up to Winks but after over 1 year out injured and no senior football it may be best for him to go out on loan

Hear me out..... Completely agree with the above, tbh. But, rather than spend anything on a back up for Winks, why don't we re-visit Stefano Sensi for Free! he's the most 'Winks' type player i've seen. He'd come, if we showed him some love. He wouldn't be expected to play too many games. He could do a job share with Winks

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

My assumption is that we will move away from that under Cooper. Especially if Winks wasn't available. Also got Choudhury to fill in an emergency. 

If we've got money to spend, it should be used elsewhere. 

Yeah, suppose that's possible.

Would be a bit of shame to just abandon now. Especially as we've re-signed Vestergaard and have Mads in goal. I'm not particularly wedded to any system, just think a bit of continuity would be nice if possible!

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Soumare and Choudhury in the PL?

The never ending cycle. We can't off load them because we pay them to much.

They ain't really good enough for the prem so we spend on another that supposedly is. 

Just the reason we are in financial shite in the first place.

Groundhog Day FC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I can't imagine why anyone would think Braybrooke is anywhere near ready for the prem

Man United probably said the same with Mainoo 6 months ago, but I get your point.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Winks and Wilf in a pivot

Skipp back up for Winks, and Hamza backup for Wilf

Bin off Soumare, loan out Braybrooke

I would love Braybrooke to be the back up to Winks but after over 1 year out injured and no senior football it may be best for him to go out on loan

2 of Wilf, Hamza, or Soumare in a pivot if Winks gets injured or suspended is scary to think of

I get the idea but we should be buying someone to play alongside Winks, with Ndidi being back up. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

£20m+ would be a major yikes from me. Interestingly I see that Leeds and Norwich have also been linked with him. In some ways that's a concern as it makes me think he's more of a top end Championship player, but at the same time it makes me think the price would be more reasonable if they are linked.

I was initially not keen on Winks, but was won over very quickly indeed. Skipp has looked pretty decent to me the few times I've seen him, and he was being touted as being a first team player and possible future captain at one point. They've since used Bissouma and Sarr instead of him, but just like Winks that doesn't make him a bad player. 

I'm definitely being more reserved with my reaction after I wildly over reacted to Winks lol

• Haha 1

Obviously depends on the price but I'm quite happy with this. Looks like Cooper wants a 2 man base of deeplying players in CM. One more DM and one more DLP. Winks/Ndidi/Skipp and Soumare or Braybrooke could offer that. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm definitely being more reserved with my reaction after I wildly over reacted to Winks lol

He'll struggle next season if being asked to play the same role, either way we absolutely 100% do not need both Winks and Skipp.