Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

plenty of development left in goulding and braybrooke… and guess what they don’t cost 20m. 

In what world do you pay  20m for someone you need to develop? He’s not going to be a star player ever… not even for us 

Wibble

• Haha 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

He was always signed as one for the future.

i'd imagine he signed for us to get a chance of senior level football, or at least thats what was speculated when i listened to reports on the deal

Just now, splinterdream said:

i'd imagine he signed for us to get a chance of senior level football, or at least thats what was speculated when i listened to reports on the deal

100% has more chance here then at Chelsea.

He will get games for us, I'm just saying he wasn't signed as a starter.

The Spurs’ fans’ feedback on The Athletic article is really positive about him. Gives 100% every game, seem to think he’ll work well with Winks, adaptable to various systems and has a fantastic attitude. 

• Like 4

Really good solid signing but 25 million reported is eye watering.. considering we could have got Szmodics for 10mil albeit a different position. 

can only assume club have ££ for an AM and ST? 

Skipp  has been mentioned as a target all summer and he has been on a few clubs radar. As always shopping in the top 6 incurs a supplement but I truly believe he is quality and Cooper and Winks will know him well.. I think it was Mourinho that tipped him as a future Spurs captain so he obviously has a bit of steel about him.

Overall whether this is a good move for the club all depends on what is planned for other targets. I'm not disagreeing with anyone who think the squads is massively short of goal scorers

I don’t mind Skipp but considering our budget limitations and our areas of serious need this seems like a luxury pick up. We definitely paid a luxury price. Rudkin totally outmaneuvered by Levy.

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Very worrying how flippant Top and the leadership are with the clubs money. Skipp is a good profile but every man and his dog will be raising eyebrows at the fee. 

it’s mesmerizing that we would  ‘ weigh up the options ‘ of spending a similar amount on someone with a more attacking profile  yet pay this on someone who hasn’t..

• Like 1

Just now, OadbyBlue said:

Looking at his highlights, he looks like more of a ball winner than winks. Though a lot of this footage was from his loan to Norwich.

He is, yeah.

I know fans won't want to hear it because it won't be great to watch but a midfield 3 of Winks, Ndidi and Skipp should be enough to let the likes of Mavididi and Fatawu run wild. The worry for me is that we need a striker that can play with his back to goal.

1 minute ago, OadbyBlue said:

Looking at his highlights, he looks like more of a ball winner than winks. Though a lot of this footage was from his loan to Norwich.

So why would. We tie Ndidi down to a new contract who was already on good money and then splurge on this guy? Makes no sense to me.

my only conclusion is that we are not short of money, just having a hard job of convincing people to sign.

50 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Potentially £25M and yet we were apparently weighing up whether spending a similar amount on Ioannidis was worth it.

I think Skipp will be a decent addition, but he's never worth more than £15M. I fully expected it to be a loan with an option and then for us to spend our budget on more pressing areas of the team.

My guess is we are weighing up which positions are best to sign someone on a perm and which will be loans, maybe we’ve struggled to get permanent deals done for strikers and CAMs :ph34r:

• Like 1