Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

1 minute ago, Richmondfox said:

Rinsed by Levy for Maddison when desperate on the way down.  Now back up and desperate he’s rinsed us again. 

fair play to Levy, really..

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

i'd imagine he signed for us to get a chance of senior level football, or at least thats what was speculated when i listened to reports on the deal

With the way Chelsea have treated the likes of Gallagher and Chalobah you can bet they wouldn't have thought twice about telling the lad he had no future at Chelsea and he had to move or see his career come to a stop.

How is Skipp style wise compared to Winks? 

To be honest, I’m already looking past this season to the Championship next season. I feel it is realistic to do so.

So I wonder whether they would play together or whether they are too similar. Winks, Skipp, Braybrooke, Golding seems a good start. That’s not taking into account that Choudhury and/or Ndidi would still probably be around. Not bad options potentially….

Just now, AKCJ said:

He is, yeah.

I know fans won't want to hear it because it won't be great to watch but a midfield 3 of Winks, Ndidi and Skipp should be enough to let the likes of Mavididi and Fatawu run wild. The worry for me is that we need a striker that can play with his back to goal.

Hopefully it takes pressure off of Winks and he can get the ball forward quickly to make something happen. We can’t rely on Ndidi, Soumaré or Hamza to make a forward pass. I don’t trust Hamza to make a back pass. 

Ndidi has been conditioned by Enzo to only make the a lot through pass or drive to the line and chip the ball across the face of the goal, any other situation his brain can’t function and he passes backwards. 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

My guess is we are weighing up which positions are best to sign someone on a perm and which will be loans, maybe we’ve struggled to get permanent deals done for strikers and CAMs :ph34r:

As much as I’d love us to buy a high-quality attacking midfielder and striker, those players have a higher premium and likely to have more options. Given our situation re: the threat of a points deduction, it may be that our only route to genuine quality attackers is via the loan market. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

The Spurs’ fans’ feedback on The Athletic article is really positive about him. Gives 100% every game, seem to think he’ll work well with Winks, adaptable to various systems and has a fantastic attitude. 

Albrighton signing vibes.

Too bad it isn't the Albrighton signing fee!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like Southampton are paying a reported lower fee for Mateus Fernandes from Sporting who is also 3 years younger than Skipp

image.png.d5c57531ac1fa2528e35432154541ffc.png

Unproven in this league and may need time to adapt, but the fee is a gut wrencher here.

I’m assuming a deal for Soumare to leave has been agreed to help fund this ridiculous price point for such a bang average player. 

Daniel Levy has rinsed us here.  You’ve got to remember, he’s a man that refused to let Christian Eriksen leave Spurs for €15m and eventually got about £17m for him.  

5 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Hopefully it takes pressure off of Winks and he can get the ball forward quickly to make something happen. We can’t rely on Ndidi, Soumaré or Hamza to make a forward pass. I don’t trust Hamza to make a back pass. 

Ndidi has been conditioned by Enzo to only make the a lot through pass or drive to the line and chip the ball across the face of the goal, any other situation his brain can’t function and he passes backwards. 

The way I would see it is that Winks is the player to take the ball off the defence with Skipp and Ndidi's job being to run around the pitch getting the ball back.

A 4-3-3 with a lot of emphasis on the wings.

Hermansen

Faes     Okoli

Ricardo                             Justin

Winks

Skipp            Ndidi

Fatawu                       Mavididi

Vardy

Quite a solid base to work from. You can take Ndidi off for virtually anyone on the bench and go from a 4-3-3 to a 3-4-3 or a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2.

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Who'd want him, he's not really excelled when on loan 

still fondly remembered by Watford fans. At least by my relatives who are Watford fans.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

How is Skipp style wise compared to Winks? 

To be honest, I’m already looking past this season to the Championship next season. I feel it is realistic to do so.

So I wonder whether they would play together or whether they are too similar. Winks, Skipp, Braybrooke, Golding seems a good start. That’s not taking into account that Choudhury and/or Ndidi would still probably be around. Not bad options potentially….

He's got similar passing ability to Winks but I'd say he covers a lot more of the pitch. He's a grafter and he loves a tackle.