Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was reported by multiple sources we were interested but it was too expensive to do for us....

Too expensive or we thought overpriced? I don’t think we know that. Our interest, if genuine, could have initially been for a loan. Once Liverpool decided they wanted to sell, we might have expressed an interest at say, up to £15m? 

Truth is, we don’t know.

What we do know is the manager will have given Martin Glover a list of profiles of players that he wanted. Glover and his team will have had several options for each of those. We’ve tried and failed to land a couple of (probably) first choices. We’re now working though the lists. 

My only problem with signing Skipp will be if it in any way prevents the signing of the attacking midfielders, striker and LB that we need, and which I’m sure we’re trying to sign.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Where are Roma or Hoffenheim when you need them to hijack a deal lol

I mean, if it was €2 mill  then remaining would definitely outbid us at €2.015 mill 

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

What the **** are we doing.

just insane

25 million. For a defensive midfielder. ****ing run by clowns

not to say skipp

might be ok but our financial management is ridiculous.

25 mil on skipp is just ****ing ridiculous 

levy must by laughing his head off. 

Rudkin and Susan get out of our club. And top thanks but you have no bollocks. Just sell up 

I take it you’re not f****happy🤣

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

We're an absolute soft touch when it comes to the transfer market. Other clubs must see us coming a mile off

You can only imagine the reputation Rudkin has from negotiation. On paper the success we have had during his time should have made him the most in demand Director of Football in England, but there was only one issue. Everyone's had dealings with him and knows he's a complete and utter fraud. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Micky said:

From the Spurs forum...

Honestly had Skipp down as a future club captain / stalwart
shame

Leicester will be a stepping stone in his career - he's still on the up.

Funnily enough, he was part of the leadership group alongisde Kane, Hugo, Dier and Hojbjerg.

Good on him for wanting to go and play football, could have been an absolute superstar for us and was a very exciting prospect before his injury.

Never quite regained that level again. He's a good signing for Leicester and they'll love him there.

Oliver Skipp loves winning tackles. He excels at it. Winning a tackle to Skipp is like scoring a goal. He also has an acceptable passing range, over long or short distances, and competes well in 1v1 duels on the ground.

Skipp will never score loads of goals but he is a much braver and better player than Winks ever was.

I'm concerned if we sell him it'll be a trippier situation. I hope he gets a look in at 6 soon; he's shown to have great awareness defensively at breaking up play and interceptions.

He's bloody good. Many Premiership teams would be blessed with him in their first eleven. We're too ****ing dismissive. Just think about all the other players we dumped who went on to be brilliant for other clubs.

Go on Rudders, give them £30m.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

But that not true is it? Tribunal hasn't happened and we will do well to get a million up front and we my be lucky to get 4m or 5m with lots of add ons.

Do you consider Carvalho wasn't interested?

It'll be more than £5m based on what's happened to him in the last 12 months. This would have been an opportunity for Liverpool to make amends. Multiple reports said we wanted Carvalho but viewed it as potentially too expensive, so that's what I'm basing it on. 

3 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

If Skipp is a signing that keeps us up. He’s worth more to us than £20m + £5m in add ons.

Or more likely we still go down with him and we get a points deduction and transfer embargo in the championship for breaking FFP due to breaking the bank to sign him.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Or more likely we still go down with him and we get a points deduction and transfer embargo in the championship for breaking FFP due to breaking the bank to sign him.

That’s the spirit 😂 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It'll be more than £5m based on what's happened to him in the last 12 months. This would have been an opportunity for Liverpool to make amends. Multiple reports said we wanted Carvalho but viewed it as potentially too expensive, so that's what I'm basing it on. 

I think you are very optimistic.

Liverpool make amends, we wouldn't have to take them to tribunal if they wanted to make amends lol

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

You're a little ray of sunshine......

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Couldn't afford £23m to buy Carvalho despite Liverpool oweing us £5-10m for Nyoni but can pay £20m + add ons for Skipp. Make it make sense Leicester.

Carvalho not worth 23m, ESR not worth 27m and Skipp not worth 20m.

All 3 are 10m rated players max, the whole premier league is a joke and all its clubs deserve to rot.