Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We end up paying 25m for known players from other epl teams because our board and recruitment have no idea about finding smart buys like we used to many years ago and other teams like Brighton are doing what we used to do 

I don’t think that’s fair particularly, we’ve clearly focused on the managers pick of mostly players with prem experience. We signed Hermansen and Fatawu last season who nobody had heard of. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Ayoze Perez – £28.5m.  

Islam Slimani – £26.5m. 

Patson Daka – £25.6m.  
Kelechi Iheanacho – £23.6m

Reckon he’ll represent better value over his career here than these 4

I agree, but also all of those signings would have been bad value if they'd come for half of what we paid. (excluding Seniorman)

15 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Or more likely we still go down with him and we get a points deduction and transfer embargo in the championship for breaking FFP due to breaking the bank to sign him.

It doesn’t add that much to PSR, this transfer isn’t going to cause us to break the rules again. Not putting them on the correct contracts would.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Micky said:

Oliver Skipp loves winning tackles. He excels at it. Winning a tackle to Skipp is like scoring a goal. 

Looked at he stats last season 

18 tackles 67% success 700mins 

Ok his game time was limited let’s see the season before 1500 mins 

34 tackle 50% success 

2 tackles a game with a 50% success 

so if we are lucky we will get to see a successful tackle per game.

Maybe they are not used to seeing tackles at Spurs 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 2

My personal take is that this deal signifies that the other players coming in are low budget, free or a loan.  This will be the only big move we make. 

Could mean ayew is done and the striker is certainly a loan at this point… most likely one of chelsea’s spare parts. Hope for Broja I guess. 

i’d assume our deals are all done behind the scenes. There’s no other logical sense for us to be signing off on 20m for a player in this position. I don’t think even were stupid enough for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Levy must have to take a moment to stop giggling when he sees Rudkin’s name pop up on the mobile. Leagues apart.

got his number on speed dial.

"hey John, got a squad filler here, RRP is £3m but for you, I can do £30m...

grand, I'll send the contracts over later today".

Basically he’s been booted out of Spurs probably would have let him go for about 10m but old rudders as come in I’ll give you 20m we’re desperate! You seen the asking price? Yeh but I’ll still give you 20m ok pal cheers! 👍🏻 the deal stinks it’s not a player we need I’d rather give the young lads in the team and go down fighting than just another bland footballer on silly wages that don’t give a &@&!! 

Edited by Thebluefox85
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Ipswich get szmodics for 9m scored what 27goals we got a player that isn’t wanted by his club never had a run of games or even broke in to a shite spurs team and we pay up to 25m it’s infuriating 

Completely different players, not sure what the argument is here?

Not broken into the spurs team??😂

• Like 2

We need the cash for a Striker and a creative midfielder.

All we are getting  is another defensive player

His record for creating and scoring goals  is none existent. 

Edited by worksopfox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I doubt weve signed an exciting CAM from Brighton to have him on the bench behind Harry Winks

I forgot about the lad from Brighton when I wrote that earlier, But it's nice to know we have options now in midfield.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

He won’t be playing all three if he also wants a number 10 tho

Possibly not but it's hard to know what way Cooper is thinking, Though the signings seem more like building for the future than this season.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Just need Ryan Yates in the 10 and the only thing stopping us for Europe is a points deduction.

22 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Ipswich get szmodics for 9m scored what 27goals we got a player that isn’t wanted by his club never had a run of games or even broke in to a shite spurs team and we pay up to 25m it’s infuriating 

State of this post.