Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

20 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Ipswich get szmodics for 9m scored what 27goals we got a player that isn’t wanted by his club never had a run of games or even broke in to a shite spurs team and we pay up to 25m it’s infuriating 

He started 18 Premier League matches a couple of seasons ago, so got a decent run then. No matter how bad you think Spurs are, they are still a huge level up from us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I don’t think that’s fair particularly, we’ve clearly focused on the managers pick of mostly players with prem experience. We signed Hermansen and Fatawu last season who nobody had heard of. 

Look I think it's great that Skipp has joined Leicester, he's been talked about for a few years on the Spurs forum as a up and coming player....but I think 25m is is a lot for a Spurs academy player who''s untested in the Premier League....is be happy if we'd paid 10m max for him but we've left it aday before we've got our first EPL game

• Haha 1

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Regardless of my thoughts on Skipp as a player, why are we signing another defensive central midfielder, for £20 million, when we currently have 1 recognised striker available who Cooper doesn’t fancy (Cannon)?

We will 100% buy a striker 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

I agree, but also all of those signings would have been bad value if they'd come for half of what we paid. (excluding Seniorman)

I’d disagree here in part. 

Well Iheanacho you have already excluded from that so I’d agree with you. And Daka I’d agree at the other end of the scale that he hasn’t showed nearly enough despite the fact I still want him to find it from somewhere!

Perez and Slimani, I actually think it was the price tags on them that were used against them.

Perez had plenty of moments, just not consistently enough. But for the bad games he had, he was often just a low key part of a good side like Albrighton in a way. He was part of the side who finished 5th twice and won the FA cup so wasn’t a bad player or signing.

Same with Slimani, scored some important goals in Europe that paid some of his fee. Just never fitted and was behind Vardy.

Both of those had they been half the fee, so around £13/£14 mill, would have been remembered more as players who contributed albeit not in a key player way, rather than players who did not live up to their fee.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

All well and good but it’s the first game of the season tomorrow and we have missed out on at least 1 of our preferred targets. 

That's life, there will be plenty of business done in the last 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, jbflcfc said:

Completely different players, not sure what the argument is here?

Not broken into the spurs team??😂

The argument is they get a better quality player in a position we desperately need to fill for pennies! Meanwhile at lcfc we are signing players we don’t need and massively over paying? When’s he’s had a run of say 25-30 games starting oh well he ain’t he's been a big part player for them and we are paying top money! 

Skipp (when fit) is a very good player. 

He isn’t a box to box midfielder like KDH though. 

He does however, improve our midfield, which isn’t great currently. 

Skipp is hardly untried at Premier level although not a regular starter. Enough Spurs fans think he is a decent player that can have a good career in the Premier League. I know our fanbase has been disappointed about things but give the bloke a chance. Rather a spiral of despondency that is contagious here.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, stevostadium said:

Just spoke to my spurs mate who confirms he is absolute pony

another rudkin masterclass

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Just spoken to my Spurs mate who rates him highly and is a fierce critic of Spurs players

Just spoke to my mate who hates Spurs!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Regardless of my thoughts on Skipp as a player, why are we signing another defensive central midfielder, for £20 million, when we currently have 1 recognised striker available who Cooper doesn’t fancy (Cannon)?

They just love throwing away money on players we don’t need