Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

We are clearly overpaying but I do like him and I think he does improve our starting 11, albeit in an area of the field that wasn't exactly our weakest. 

A deep lying CM pair of Skipp and Winks with Ndidi on the bench IS very good for a relegation candidate but will all depend on the creative players we have ahead of them. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

The argument is they get a better quality player in a position we desperately need to fill for pennies! Meanwhile at lcfc we are signing players we don’t need and massively over paying? When’s he’s had a run of say 25-30 games starting oh well he ain’t he's been a big part player for them and we are paying top money! 

Understand completely mate, but I think what will happen is either Soumaré will be sold & the funds will offset some of the amount paid here or the money will be paid over the contract length.

Chelsea & Newcastle did similar instalment wise with Barnes & Fofana respectively I believe.

7 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

People talking like this is a done deal - given our track record I wouldn't take anything as certain until the shite announcement video is released.

Spurs are literally busing the guy to us tomorrow… add no-one’s blowing us out of the water on this one.

If our finances are as bad as assumed and the fee is 20+ million then it's a bad purchase in my opinion when we have plenty in that role and it doesn't really improve us. Any funds we have surely have to go on a proper forward and 10. However, if we're signing him I'll back him and hope he does well alongside Winks.

Hopefully the deadline day rush will chuck us a couple of decent loans to give us an attacking threat

• Haha 1

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Spurs are literally busing the guy to us tomorrow… add no-one’s blowing us out of the water on this one.

We'll still pay for the day ticket to get him here

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

It is telling, not a single spurs fan thinks they should keep him

Tells you what exactly? Spurs are chasing champions league places, the type of player profile they want, expect and need is entirely different to us. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

£25m?? Then why didn’t we just keep KDH, who’s one of our own, didn’t want to leave, and is fit to play a full season?

Abysmal business.

This is fair point. Selling KDH only to replace him with Skipp and Okoli is baffling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

This is fair point. Selling KDH only to replace him with Skipp and Okoli is baffling.

Literally read two posts above yours mate 

11 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

£25m?? Then why didn’t we just keep KDH, who’s one of our own, didn’t want to leave, and is fit to play a full season?

Abysmal business.

It’s not quite like that value wise 

and selling players isn’t the same as buying players re amortisation 

9 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Abysmal business.

If that figure is accurate (which I doubt), a 5-year deal would count as £5m per year on the PSR.

KDH's sale, however, is £30m in pure profit.

This season, we could sign 6 Oliver Skipps for the same value of 1 KDH sale. The concern is future seasons, where we won't have a £30m sale to offset costs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Nutshell. In. A. Foxestalk.......rearrange these words to form a coherent sentence....

To be fair, I lived in London for the best part of a decade and I can say that I don't think I met a single Spurs fan who wasn't deluded when it came to football and/or a complete tool, so in this case I think it's understandable to see this posted!

Price is very alarming.It may not even be 20 + 5, could easily be less than they are reporting though, it happens alot. Hopefully we can get some success in the loan market for a striker/ att mid. Sell soumare. I think we needed another midfielder 100% , with just ndidi & winks, ricardo if needs be. Choudhury is  a championship squad player, can't afford to play him. Let's hope alves can step up too as an impact player.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If we don't have money left over to spend at least this on a striker and attacking midfielder, I want Rudkin and Cooper fired in to the sun. 

Another £20mil on Ayew? Don't give them ideas.