Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm definitely being more reserved with my reaction after I wildly over reacted to Winks lol

To be fair to a lot of posters on here - The reaction to Winks was from the perspective of being a top half PL team, which we'd sort of got used to lol

No need to eat too much humble pie until we see how he fares this season!

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

He'll struggle next season if being asked to play the same role, either way we absolutely 100% do not need both Winks and Skipp.

We do need Cover for Winks though? We don’t have anyone really

Edited by moore_94

I honestly think he's probably a better player than Winks. Really depends on the price, but I'm not above him. Much better option than Moder, at the very least.

Just looking at his time at Norwich, he is basically Harry Winks with a bit more bite.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-oliver-skipp/

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/a-passer-with-a-bit-of-fight-media-insight-on-oliver-skipp

Quite surprised that some fans think we don’t need another deep-lying playmaker.

Not every signing is going to strengthen our starting 11, there’s three back-up spots that need filling in our squad, an alternative to Winks being one of them. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Mainoo hadnt missed a season with a serious knee injury. 

So the reason he should be given a chance is because he has missed a season with a knee injury?

25 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Just looking at his time at Norwich, he is basically Harry Winks with a bit more bite.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-oliver-skipp/

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/a-passer-with-a-bit-of-fight-media-insight-on-oliver-skipp

Quite surprised that some fans think we don’t need another deep-lying playmaker.

Not every signing is going to strengthen our starting 11, there’s three back-up spots that need filling in our squad, an alternative to Winks being one of them. 

Because for some reason people think that Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson are all gonna be able to play back up roles. Only one of them got a handful of games last season.

I would not be surprised if all 3 of them had loan moves away this summer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think he will definitely be gone, he only needs to be sold for £6.8m for us to not record a loss on him.

If we can get a buyer, seems no one wants to pay it 

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

If we can get a buyer, seems no one wants to pay it 

Truthfully, I think right now Cooper wants to have a look at everyone and has probably requested for no one to be sold until he decides who he wants.

I think around 3/4 weeks into pre season we will see players being linked elsewhere if not sooner.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Because for some reason people think that Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson are all gonna be able to play back up roles. Only one of them got a handful of games last season.

I would not be surprised if all 3 of them had loan moves away this summer.

Its better for us in the long run that they all get a full season in the championship

and come back more complete players for next season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Ndidi and Choudhury wouldn't be the best playmakers on the pitch in a match against the Craggy Island All Priests Over 75s 5-a-side team.

And we don't even know if Bouba Soumare will even get registered in the squad.

If Cooper has any interest in keeping Winks in his 23/24 role, we don't have anyone that can back him up really.

To be fair, Father Romeo Sensini was an absolute baller. He drinks only the finest Italian red wine. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

Ezequiel Fernández is The same price if not cheaper ain't he? 

That's a great point, he's got a $15M release clause and a Qatari club is willing to pay it. I have heard that tons of clubs around Europe want him though so think that could be a tough fight. He's playing in the Olympic Games for Argentina so his agent might be trying to get him in the shop window for that.

He looks fantastic though, a player who will almost certainly appreciate in value. 

• Like 1

I've always rated Skipp , England international solid player ..

Cant really go wrong , he can actually join a club. That wins things ... I'm sure he would jump at chance 

5 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I've always rated Skipp , England international solid player ..

Cant really go wrong , he can actually join a club. That wins things ... I'm sure he would jump at chance 

0 snr England caps

5 hours ago, Parker Pen said:

He would be a Sensible signing and a player that Cooper would maybe have coached during his England days?

Hopefully pave the way to offload Soumaré.

That's a good point. You would hope that Cooper knows exactly what type of player he wants, knows Shkipp's capabilities, and has confidence he can improve him in the direction he wants.

1 hour ago, brownboy93 said:

Ezequiel Fernández is The same price if not cheaper ain't he? 

But can he acclimatize to the weather? Will he like the food? Can he speak the language? Does he think all English people are twats?  SKipp won't have these issues. He knows we are and has made peace with it.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’d be all over this. 

I rate him Highly as a player and I think he’s more of a start than people will give him credit for. 

He’s better than Choudhury, Ndidi and Soumare with the ball at his feet.

At the moment, I could see him occupying a midfield with him and Winks alongside Ndidi. 

If anything, unless Choudhury improves, I don’t see him as a long term first team player. 

thats fine if you can get rid of these two but they wont flush.