Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would not be surprised if all 3 of them had loan moves away this summer

Would suit us if we could loan all three off en masse to garbage like Derby, who haven't a pot to piss in and we can dictate the loan terms that they have to play. Also, deals can be renewed or recalled at Xmas at our whim

We get battled hardened players back and we cuck Derby at the same time. Happy days. 

8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Pretty much where I stand on it, too – anything around £10m and I think it'd be a quietly steady piece of business. North of that and it's a no thanks, I see he's been linked elsewhere for £20m+ which should be a complete no go for us.

You ain't getting Skipp for £10m.

Double it at least I would say is where the bidding will start.

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we’re looking for a Winks back up, we should seriously consider revisiting the Sensi situation, and now get him on a free

Yeah, don't really get that if it was purely driven by Enzo.  I didn't think that's how we, or most clubs, operate nowadays with regards to signing players.

Though perhaps he wanted to work with Maresca and as he's out, so's Sensi.

Just now, JimJams said:

Yeah, don't really get that if it was purely driven by Enzo.  I didn't think that's how we, or most clubs, operate nowadays with regards to signing players.

Though perhaps he wanted to work with Maresca and as he's out, so's Sensi.

Yeah, I think you’re right, but genuinely think if we (Rudkin and Coops) expressed a renewed interest in him, he already knows the clubs set up, and he’d consider us as a option.

I’m assuming he’d quite like the chance to play in the Prem 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we’re looking for a Winks back up, we should seriously consider revisiting the Sensi situation, and now get him on a free

If we want a winks back up, then blood braybrooke. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

According to who?

I was referring to the comments on here. He’s had something like 16 minutes of first team football, someone said. He’s just returning from a harsh injury. Would do him good to go on loan to a champ club etc etc

Which may or not be true.  None of us really know.  How many loans did mainoo go on before breaking into the man utd first team??? (Spoiler alert the answer is none). 

He's played in the England game groups, as a back up and playing in cup competitions, I think he'd be fine.  Didn't look out of place in the games before his injury. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

According to who?

No one knows, he's played 16 minutes of senior football.

I don't want him playing a few minutes here or there, same with Alves. 

They need to get some decent loans and lots of minutes.

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

You ain't getting Skipp for £10m.

Double it at least I would say is where the bidding will start.

Better not be us starting it then. **** me.

• Like 1

We are fortunate that Winks stayed injury free last season, I hope Braybrooke can be promoted to the first team squad as cover for Winks so we don’t need to fork out several million for Skipp when we have other targets… :cool:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Even if that mean stifling their development? 

Depends on how much game time they get. If they are backup to the seniors and then consistently get game time in the cups and as rotation, I don't think that's bad for their development. They are still pretty young, and with the injuries they've had might be a good way to ease them in to senior football over time.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I would rather they stay here and us not waste our money on squad players.

Are you sure?

Barnes and KDH clearly benefited from the regular playing time they got from their loan moves.

Compare that to Thomas who stayed around the first team.

There’s certainly an argument to say that finding the right development moves for a player is better over the long term than focusing on short term squad needs.

Comparing other players in this regard is largely pointless isn't it? Some will need loans, some will not. The success of Player A having done it can always be countered with successful Player B who didn't.

• Like 1