Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Oliver Skipp - confirmed official

I feel that our  immediate need is an attacking mid & a striker.

Skipp is extremely average & really doesn't make us better.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mandela Keita is the one :thumbup:

Unfortunately it makes too much sense to sign him and it is going to piss me off big time when he goes somewhere else and smashes it lol

Selling a player for €5m then having another club you own pay much much more for that same player in the same window isn't what I'd call "making too much sense."

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Selling a player for €5m then having another club you own pay much much more for that same player in the same window isn't what I'd call "making too much sense."

I mean with regards to the player himself.

It of course makes no sense (or maybe it does make sense in context of it being Leicester/Rudkin) that we are having to buy a player our owners have already owned

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean with regards to the player himself.

It of course makes no sense (or maybe it does make sense in context of it being Leicester/Rudkin) that we are having to buy a player our owners have already owned

They're placing more scrutiny on player movement between same ownership clubs; wonder if it would be more expensive now.

But then again, I doubt we'd be that clued up 

Just wish we had an ounce of creativity with scouting and took calculated risks for smaller amounts of money as opposed to knowingly buying expensive tripe.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just wish we had an ounce of creativity with scouting and took calculated risks for smaller amounts of money as opposed to knowingly buying expensive tripe.

I'm not sure what happened, we took chances on Mads, Mavididi and Fatawu last season for a combine of maybe £12-13m depending on what the loan fee for Fatawu was 

Edited by UniFox21

3 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Would happily take him. PL proven and all round good player. 

Skipp is PL proven in the same way Luke Thomas is PL proven. He has quite a few PL apps under his belt but this is not his level, the championship is.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Skipp is PL proven in the same way Luke Thomas is PL proven. He has quite a few PL apps under his belt but this is not his level, the championship is.

One Is a FA cup winner, the other plays for spurs :ph34r:

I’d like Skipp in the sense that I’d trust him more next to Ndidi or Winks (should one of them be out) than Soumare or Hamza. 

I think he’d expect to start for us, though, and don’t like the idea of a midfield 3 of Skipp, Winks and Ndidi. No attacking threat. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I’d like Skipp in the sense that I’d trust him more next to Ndidi or Winks (should one of them be out) than Soumare or Hamza. 

I think he’d expect to start for us, though, and don’t like the idea of a midfield 3 of Skipp, Winks and Ndidi. No attacking threat. 

I think giving Wilf a two year contract is ridiculous. He was far too slow for the championship, let alone the premier.

A stupid re-signing that will come to haunt us.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wortho said:

I think giving Wilf a two year contract is ridiculous. He was far too slow for the championship, let alone the premier.

A stupid re-signing that will come to haunt us.

One year extension would have been ok in my opinion. He lost his legs under Brenda but we saw a different player repurposed to may offensive runs under Enzo which gives me a bit of hope that he's not just a one trick pony as a DM. 

Cooper should see that and use him accordingly.

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And by all accounts it looks like this year we've scouted and shown legitimate interest in Richard Rios, Ramon Sosa, Mathias Soulé etc. 

But supposedly the manager wants us to focus on targets with more domestic, preferably Premier League experience. 

I'm guessing a lot of these are targets we scouted with Enzo in mind and now there's a mix going on of we can't afford them and Cooper isn't keen. 

He's basically admitting he can't manage. There's a solution to all of this, and it's not Cooper or Oliver Skipp

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Skipp is a championship-level player in my opinion 

There is an inspirational quote plastered on the walls of Seagrave “plan for where you are heading, not for where you are”.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Mark said:

He's basically admitting he can't manage. There's a solution to all of this, and it's not Cooper or Oliver Skipp

I thought that with Rodgers. I loved the flip flop of "oh yeah I'm such a genius coach I want broken players because I can fix them" so the club gives him exactly what he wants so he cries that we've got too many young players that need coaching. Twat. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Gone through all the tier 1 threads and seems like most of our targets are from other EPL teams, seems scouting has gone to crap.

The most credible current links are from Panathinaikos and Galatasary along with Atalanta and Watford. 

• Like 2